"Game Changer" KTM Water Cooled 5 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Played around with the front motor mount and decided to use this billet setup. Reworked the clamp to 1/4 studs with lock nuts, milled the clamp for a tighter fit. The motor feels real solid, I have used all the original mounting points which helps.
Started the process of gussets to support the new seat tube/ motor mount. This area will get some good gussets since this is part of the jackshaft area.
Got a good idea for wheels just need to find them. Anyone have a pair of 26 inch felt rims. Black or Aluminum? Red would do.

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
pin that hub if you use that adapter. check for six cog's. a air shifter? hold on, pay neil off and race it, and last but not least.... ear plugs

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Waiting for the jackshaft gear to complete the setup. Mocked up the pipe I am using and will need to slice and re- weld for the fit I am looking for. Tight to the frame and motor would look clean. Ordered a new rear disk hub to see if I can make it work... 135mm spacing is wide. We shall see...

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got that 28 tooth steel sprocket for the jackshaft... Feels like a dam flywheel... Wtf was I thinking when I ordered it.... Ya tired of replacing aluminum sprockets... Well its going on a machinist diet....time it takes to make chit work is crazy

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Lots of random chit going on with the bike, drilled so many holes in that sprocket that I am cross eyed now. That was a chore. Played around with chambers and don't like what I got. Got a rear disk hub and played around with a new design on a coaster hub. Changed back to a bike seat, like the look. Got lots of ideas, but they change often.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I like the rear drop outs.....besides lengthening and widening the rear end, it also lowers the frame just a tad. Coming right along Jeff, looks great!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Played around with the front motor mount and decided to use this billet setup. Reworked the clamp to 1/4 studs with lock nuts, milled the clamp for a tighter fit. The motor feels real solid, I have used all the original mounting points which helps.
Started the process of gussets to support the new seat tube/ motor mount. This area will get some good gussets since this is part of the jackshaft area.
Got a good idea for wheels just need to find them. Anyone have a pair of 26 inch felt rims. Black or Aluminum? Red would do.
I've got a pair of the narrower ones that came with my green felt you can have if you want......jus let me know. They are satin aluminum silver finish.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Got that 28 tooth steel sprocket for the jackshaft... Feels like a dam flywheel... Wtf was I thinking when I ordered it.... Ya tired of replacing aluminum sprockets... Well its going on a machinist diet....time it takes to make chit work is crazy
Yeah, I have a couple of those 28 tooth sprockets I was thinking of replacing the aluminum disposables with.....i think they're just under 2lbs. It needs a lot of holes punched in it for all practical purposes but should last a long time.

Replacing the aluminum primary sprockets is gettin kind of expensive lately :D

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Still working on a chamber setup and little odds and ends. Got a killer set of felt polished wheels from Venice Motor Bikes whack will have Michelin Pilot tires on them.

Attachments