Who is this???

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeh, when i saw the video, I was like, did he just cut the top tube.
Looks like he's using the engine as a structural member. Always a bad idea. 50 mph? Not with me riding it. No way. That thing is gonna hurt someone. Hey, wasn't that a line in an old Eagles song?

Tom

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
the haters just keep hating!!!!!!

this guy obviously knows a thing or two about what he wants for himself and is able to construct!!!!
he did not ask you to ride his creation

no positive comments regarding his cleaver piston headlight

I say good job- just be careful which goes for anyone riding a bicycle with or without an engine of whatever type mounted on it!!!!!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
the haters just keep hating!!!!!!

this guy obviously knows a thing or two about what he wants for himself and is able to construct!!!!
he did not ask you to ride his creation

no positive comments regarding his cleaver piston headlight

I say good job- just be careful which goes for anyone riding a bicycle with or without an engine of whatever type mounted on it!!!!!
Hate? I would hate to see anyone ride that thing as I would hate too see someone get hurt when the engine tears the bike in half. Haters? Really Bob?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks like he's using the engine as a structural member. Always a bad idea. 50 mph? Not with me riding it. No way. That thing is gonna hurt someone. Hey, wasn't that a line in an old Eagles song?

Tom
" Somebody's gonna hurt someone before the night is through "

" everybody wants to take a little chance and make it turn out right "

I'd say that fella is taking some chances, just hope it turns out alright...!

http://youtu.be/snPgFNMCXBs

Now there is some good jam..!

another-un....dang back when there was real music...!
http://youtu.be/AEzTdBJUHO8

Map

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm in no position to cast judgement but quickly stopping from 52 MPH is obviously not high up on his priority list, from looking at his brakes. I'm guessing those skinny tires must be pumped up to their maximum as well. Most likely is an Off Road Only bike with those foot pegs installed.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I hope WHO IS THIS is aware of this forum and I would assume he would take everyones input and concerns as being well intended and address his and perhaps other creations accordingly.

ride safe

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I hope WHO IS THIS is aware of this forum and I would assume he would take everyones input and concerns as being well intended and address his and perhaps other creations accordingly.

ride safe
personally, I dont think the bike looks that bad, however from what I do see I think some better bracing in some key areas and keeping the cruise speed in the 30, s - 40mph max range.

sometimes something can look more thrown together than what it is and that bike looks a little rough in some ares but it doesn't look junky to me, I would for sure have either one or two top frame bars extending from headset back to seat tube post though and have some gusseting in a couple other areas also just for extra insurance.

It is for sure though that I wouldn't be doing 50+ mph on it like it is, well maybe I would a couple times .....lol!

I did 50.3 mph on an old 1963 Western Flyer medium weight bicycle here recently, I have no desire to go that fast on a light weight frame that has no extra bracing anymore though, 40-43 mph is plenty fast enough for me on that little bike from now on.

I can't really preach to anyone about safety since I have done some crazy stuff in my life but, I can say I am calming down lately on some of it since I realize I dont heal up like I used to.

map

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah, but the headlight and the dual gas caps......a great safety feature laff

Was thinkin bout puttin' a 420 on my skateboard.......then I woke up rotfl
yeah atnsome point things start to get outta hand, its not that I dont think its a bad thing to be able to do that kinda stuff and anything with wheels and an engine can become a deadly situation, but stuff like this is just plain dangerous unless someone just did it to do it and just plans on putting around at a safe speed, I cant imagine that trike being safe above 25 mph and even then it might be squirrely, to each their own but that looks like a perfect exame of aying with fire......

map