My 1st childs 1st bike

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I recently found out ill be a dad for the first time. Its only early but it hasnt stopped me thinking of all the cool stuff i can build him (hopefully) lol. I want him/her to ride an old quality bike, something i can hold on to, and not some chinese piece of junk thatll end up in landfill in a couple years.

So i bough this old bike to restore (i have plenty of time), i have no idea how old or what brand it is. I am from Australia so im not sure if its a local bike or an import. It has "CCM Junior' on the pedals, but i havent researched the brand nor do i know if they are the original pedals. But im guessing its old.

The rims look to be about 13-14" diameter, with solid tyres. Would these be the same as the 16" wheels on chinese bikes? If so i could buy some of those cheap all white 16" tyres i have seen at the bike shop.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Some cool pinstriping.... i will recreate with permanent paint pen

I have these old wheels. When i find out where i can find tyres for them ill make them into training wheels

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
And heres some pictures for comparison.... the other bike is a bike i restored a while ago. Its very old as well and i dont know the origin of that. It has 20 x 1 3/8 tyres on it. It will be his/her 2nd bike.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Aleman

Haha MBR i doubt id be allowed to motorize this bike...... and if i dont motorized this one it means i have to buy another bike to motorize...... its all part of my plan lol