HELP PLEASE!!!! My spocket wont move

GoldenMotor.com

maciasjair

Dec 5, 2009
Sun Valley
PLEASE HELP New On this on the bike world...my bike chain wont move

Hi well im new and i somehow installed a 66 raw engine on my beach cruiser (i want it on my stingray but i couldnt fit it.)

However the sprocket in the wheel wont move cuz the one inside the motor wont turn

so there's no way of running my bike if i cant get the wheel to turn at all

Can anyone help me been working on this thing for 2 days well todays the third and i really want to drive it

also how do you drive it ? lol might sound silly but the only controls i see are the handle thing the looks like a brake and the red button (is that a do not press red button?)

Please help

2 stroke, raw engine, 66cc

:-||

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Re: PLEASE HELP New On this on the bike world...my bike chain wont move

First off do you have the clutch cable installed? That must be in place and adjusted correctly before you can engage the clutch and roll the bike. The button is a kill switch so you can turn off the engine once it is started. Wire it between the two wires that run to the CDI (black box with spark plug wire). The handle thing is the clutch lever. That should be at the handlebar end of the clutch cable. There should also be a throttle grip with a cable that runs to the carb. Good luck!

Second this is the wrong page of the forum for this type of question. Don't be surprised if the moderator moves it.

maciasjair

Dec 5, 2009
Sun Valley
Re: PLEASE HELP New On this on the bike world...my bike chain wont move

is your clutch hooked up?
Clutch is in place well according to the manual it just run the wire thru the other thing in the cover of the sprocket ? isnt?

Well everything seems in place it just not moving

do i have to adjust the bolt where the clucht passes thru at the engine?

if so how?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Is your clutch working?

So with no compression (plug) out - you roll the bike and piston moves? Normal.

Put plug back in (now have compression) you can't turn the engine over?

maciasjair

Dec 5, 2009
Sun Valley
Is your clutch working?

So with no compression (plug) out - you roll the bike and piston moves? Normal.

Put plug back in (now have compression) you can't turn the engine over?
Exactly! Thanks for writting!

well i dont how to know if its working i mean i did what the manual told me and it looks good i mean from the handle to the bronze tip with the screw is good i dont know if theres more to look for

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Try using a pair of pliers for leverage and moving the clutch lever towards the engine. Does it roll then? If so you need to adjust the cable some more with the brass stop that slides over the cable and allows you to adjust the length. If it doesn't make a difference then your clutch isn't disengaging and there is something wrong inside the engine.