*throws darts at drawing board* "Project X" back again?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Well howdy, good news for today is I found out my rig does work, bad news is it got installed backwards so that's why I was unable to drive it.

Bad news is, during the process of fabricating the new bracket to mount on the opposite side of the tire.

I went to fire up my motor and it locked up! Too much fuel or too cold leading to lock up.

Next I noticed the clutch adapter plate was loose thus leading to the exploding of my clutch spings as well for possiably damaging the fins on the flywheel.

I heard pinging then I basically ended up dumping out some loved in metal. Got it all out so it has to be a few broken fins under the body covercover.

Anyway, now what I need to figure out is how to inner lock a peg on the real shaft which is pretty dinky for a crank shaft with the orginal clutch addapter screw bolt.

Still working on the kill switch too but it's ready for the new mount.

Eventually I will be adding a lift clutch for tire safety as without a clutch the motor will be kicking out too much power for tires to survive at least with knobbies. Have a 3/8 peg set coming soon and once mounted I am going driving.

T
One last factor to concider temporarily

Update: so looks like I will be waiting gon the peg as well in addition I found that there is only 2 wires for the kill switch went to Lowe's and I saw my motor and noticed that the third wire is actually where my throttle cable goes lol.

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Post some pics of the crank and maybe we can help. BTW you might do better if you posted about this build in one thread instead of several.

I will have pictures today, as I do not work today thank god.

For now since its too early to be shuffling around I do know that there is a possiably threaded on device behind the clutch that says 3/8 -24

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Wow! Cant tell much from that. Need to see the whole length. The old shafts had 3/8 threads near the ends to mount the clutch. They could be used to mount a roller.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Wow! Cant tell much from that. Need to see the whole length. The old shafts had 3/8 threads near the ends to mount the clutch. They could be used to mount a roller.
That's the whole mount length, I just do not want to remove the cover until I am sure that I have more modable steel..

Any drill bit recommendations for steel cast iron?

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
You can drill cast iron with any drill bit for metal, its relatively soft.
I beg to diffner the bed slats refuse to give in to a small but wellsized drill hole.

I would need at least a bigger drill bit.

In addition still waiting on a peg but I am running a socket getting a minimum of 8 to 10 miles an hour or maximum 13 by guestimation
=still working on the tension but the peg will level all that out also in corrections the thread is 8-32 in the shaft tip.

Time progress =roll Time my kids wanted to fallow haha..crt.

With that also being said I promised my god kids motorized scooters if my wife and sister in law approve.

Pusher on a rear wheel much easier.

Last edited: