got a garage!

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh man that is my favorite type of garage!! Detached. Not gonna wake sombody up at 3 in the morining with my grinder out. lol.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Good for you baby!

You must be a true vehicle junkie, you bought a new house (YEA) and post pics of the garage.

Post up the house too doofus - :)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey a detached garage not perfect but definitly better for late night engine noise too. .weld.cptr. and my favorite :D zpt

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
"A rear bench". Hmmmm, do you mean a place out back where you can sip a beer and 'engineer' on your next bike project?.
I'd suggest a roofed, covered bench so if it rains you can still sit outside. Might want to consider drink holders in the arm rests :)

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good deal, looks like a 18 foot door so probably the building is about 24 feet wide. The vinyl siding can be poped back together, I use bleach to clean mine.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Yes they cut down a bush that stained the siding... I'll power wash it and fix the loose siding. Inside I don't think they ever used the garage..its hit a great concrete floor and looks like new...its wired but I hafta hook up the wires to have 220..I need a wire feed welder again.. Argh!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good for you baby!

You must be a true vehicle junkie, you bought a new house (YEA) and post pics of the garage.

Post up the house too doofus - :)
Wanted a woman who can cook ,clean and has a bass boat for a long term relationship.
P.S. please send a picture of the boat.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
A garage is a great thing to have..........heck, if mine had a kitchenette and a bathroom, I wouldn't need the house. Really.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
"A rear bench". Hmmmm, do you mean a place out back where you can sip a beer and 'engineer' on your next bike project?.
I'd suggest a roofed, covered bench so if it rains you can still sit outside. Might want to consider drink holders in the arm rests :)

Tom
Sorry, Racie, I was being facetious and that isn't what you were asking for.

Work benches should be stout and able to take some abuse. Build it strong and bigger than you think it needs to be. Drawers and cabinets with shelves will be useful too.
Devote one end to heavy work and one to lighter stuff. The heavy end needs to be able to support a good sized bench vice and something solid to hammer on.
The other end should be well lit for small intricate work, like carburetor rebuilds, etc. and have a smooth work surface.

Good lighting is essential over the whole bench.

Good luck and congratulations. Show us what you come up with as far as your 'shop' goes.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have three work tables in my shop I built out of sturty built racking like you see in home depot or Lowes, the racks clip together so if needed can be moved by one person. I like my work bench fairly tall, I made them 42" tall and have a light fixture centered over each bench. Like Tom said build bigger than you need if you can, I have a drill press on one end of one section and a bench grinder on the other with a three foot space between. The main work table has OSB on the wall with almost any wrench or tool I might need. I used duraliner bed liner on the table surface which is one inch of OSB, it turned out smooth and any thing that spills on it wipes right up.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Thanks tom...I'm gonna build a bench that'll take a good vise I can smash away on...my brother has a whole bunch of nice florescent lights..so I'll have good lighting too. I may buy a HF motorcycle lift....the big red one

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I have a WolfCraft fold up bench, but you probably want something with a lot of work surface, so maybe not for you.

MT