No compression on cold start

GoldenMotor.com

mynakedrat

Oct 28, 2013
milwaukee
Solved: Clutch loose. No compression on cold start

NOw i am trying to set the clutch properly and work on how the bike starts
The clutch doesnt seem to grab well when the bike is cold, not running. I let out the clutch, and give it gas, i can rev all the way up and take off slowly. I am wanting to move the flower nut inside a bit to fix this i think, would I tighten it or lossen?
Also when i am going to start, it takes a few blocks of pedalling before the engine finally has enough compression to ignite the fuel, or maybe its not pulling fuel? maybe its related to the clutch issue?
Any ideas guys? Thanks again for the help

Last edited:

mynakedrat

Oct 28, 2013
milwaukee
Im going to readjust it tonight. I just biked a few blocks at speed, and barely got a few turns out of the motor. Prolly has something to do with it getting cold and rainy now in milwaukee. Mostly cold.

mynakedrat

Oct 28, 2013
milwaukee
Awesome. It starts within fifteen feet now. The flower nut just needed one notch closer.
Also re-adjsuted the clutch so i dont have to squeeze the darn thing so hard now to freewheel/
Thanks again!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
No problem! Glad you found the issue.
There is so much to learn here that you can find an answer to just about ANY issue!
Just remember to type your question in the search box before asking for help. Most problems have been covered several times and you can almost always find something helpful by searching.