66cc Performance Mini Bike

GoldenMotor.com

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
I didn't know whete to post this build because its a bike engine going into a non pedal bike. Sorry in advance to the mods if there is a better location.

Intro:

I bought the kit for a occ chopper bike. It was fun while it lasted but then again it didn't last for very long. Now I have a bike engine and nothing to put it in. I am also getting into tuning my own stuff and I figured this would make the perfect project/practice peice for tuning, porting and polishing.

So I decided I would still like to enjoy the end product, I picked up a 97cc 2.8hp baja doodlebug for $175. I already took the engine off (which is for sale btw.) Right now it looks like I will need to modify a few things to get my parts to fit. I will make a parts list of all the things I will be getting when I get to a computer and I have a real keyboard.

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
Here is a picture of the bike I'm going to be using.

Plus some of the work I've done to clean up some parts.

I also took some pictures of the engine I took off (which is also for sale.)

Attachments

Last edited:

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
So I worked on some of the stuff today. I moved all the controls around to the locations that I like them. I also swapped out the throttle cable and shortened the cover to allow use of the metal twist throttle on the mini bike. I wanted to get rid of the cheap plastic that came with the kit.

I also did a mock up of where the tank will be...roughly. I plan on adding a mount to the frame. Shouldn't be too hard, but I will also have to move the seat mounts back farther. Also shouldn't be a big deal but i might need to use a new piece from the front because it wont be long enough to span the gap as it moves backward in the frame.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Attachments

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
Yea it does seem to look like it was meant to be there. Unfortunately I have to fabricate a mount for it though... the seat gets pushed way to far back with it were it is.

canthelpitimaguy

Oct 7, 2013
New Jersey
I thought about it but the only 6.5 I have is in my yerf dog and its gonna stay there. I plan to hot rod that motor as well but ill keep it in the kart.

I chose this engine because I had it just rotting and I plan to use it as a cheap test project to practice port and polish stuff. Plus it will clear out the clutter in the garage.

That baja comet looks like a honda ct70 clone....sept with an ugly puke green paint job like you said lol