HAHA I know I am crazy...12ga holster?

GoldenMotor.com

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
1kbike,
since I'm moving to Mo. in the near future, your question about carrying a shotgun on your bike interested me. Yes, you can carry one, under "Open Carry"
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Missouri-Gun-Laws.htm

As to whether your shotgun can be loaded , well, that brings up the question:
"what is the technical term for an unloaded shotgun?"
answer: a club!
If you can't carry it loaded, you might as well opt out for the baseball bat.
I'm a transplant from Texas...Depending on where you are moving to, you'll love it here. The weather is a lot cooler and people are nicer. Anyway, you can open carry in some areas freely and other places there are restrictions, like Saint Louis, forget about it there. so while open carrying a pistol may be perfectly legal a shotgun may not be. Also, same as carrying a concealed firearm in your car. Here, you can carry a loaded gun even in school zones, so as long as it is concealed in the car and you don't as the law says, "brandish" the weapon. (DUH!) Anyway, I'd unload my long guns before heading to the range just in case.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Truth of the matter is I probably wont even do this. I don't want the extra attention honestly but it is cool that there is an option. Further more, usually after me and my friend get done at the range, we usually stop for a few beers...I have the beers he has the soda. So, I like that arrangement.

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
1kbike,
I understand that it's a moot question, I personally wouldn't even think about carrying a gun on a motorized bicycle. Too many Zimmerman wannabe's out there, who are just waiting for an excuse to 'stand their ground'. "But Officer, he looked like he didn't belong here, I felt my life was threatened because I could see he had a gun......."

We're looking for a place east of Branson, southeast of Springfield. SWMBO's younger sister & husband purchased a farm near AvaMo, so she want's to move to that area.
I'm looking forward to being able to relive some of my childhood, ridin' my bike to the local fishin' holes.....