Harbor Freight Tools sale

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
HFT has the 6-1/2 HP horiz. saft motor on sale for $99.99 through Sunday. That is what I am using in a 3-speed and it is a great engine. Starts 1st pull and very stable. Low oil shutdown as well and governor if you want cruise control. Mine runs about 50 and low gear is stump-puller..wee.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
much like with the china motor kits, one needs to be careful buying at harbor freight

just bought a new metric tap & die set there and will be taking it back this week - all the sizes are just slightly off - I suspect the factory runs the cutting tools till they become very worn before retooling

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
I just bought the 212 cc motor from hbf. and I am going to put it on a old wallmart mountain bike . I just don't know exactly what I wana do for everything els right now I don't know if I need to put a sprocket that mounts to my spokes or what? brnot

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I just purchased a 212 and going for the Walmart special for this build too. I also doubled my life insurance and made a living trust for my kids to enjoy. Dang life is good on the west side. Can ya hear me Scotto?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
just got back from the airport... purchased a life insurance policy for jeff from one of those machines. its good for 72 hours... i'll mail it in just before the test ride... just call me ''uncle dennis'' jonathan. i'll stay in the shed..for now...son....

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I would do the same again. I machined a hub that has the same ID as the brake OD and sawed it in half lengthwise. Then milled 4 recesses to run 10x32 socket heads to clamp it on the brake hub. Then 3 hollow pegs sitting in milled recesses with bolts threaded into the hub that extend to the sprocket through the spokes, which in my case are 0.10 diam. in a Worksman industrial bicycle rear wheel. The completed unit weighed 11-1/2 lbs with nippled spoke holes. YOU WON'T BREAK ONE. About $66 as I remember. That is a GOOD engine. The 1st one I bought was a Jiang Dong from a Truckload Tool Sale and was the same as the Predator except only 5-1/2 HP with a fuel Ga. in the tank. They both start 1st pull on full choke, have a governor, (can you say, Cruise Control?)and low oil shutdown. With the governor at 3100 the little one ran 41 uphill,42 flat, 43 downhill. When I mounted a straight exhaust and Lambretta carb. it got downright interesting. The new one has the pipe, but stock carb. and runs in the 50's. With the 3-speed it is stump-puller in low.dnut

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
.shft.I've got some cheap huffy fender struts and a kit chain tensioner to donate for your Huffy build but personally I would prefer either one of these 3bikes for quality and not to much work if you wanted to modify or beef up the frame for larger engines, the Micargi and Baseman both have plenty of room for a 212cc and the Gran Royale a huashang.
1. Baseman
2. Maicargi
3. Gran Royale

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I scored the bike from Walmart it was marked down to 50.00 on a clearance special, so I am on a mission to build this bike on a 300.00 budget. Dmb make sure you are good to my kid..uncle DMB

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I've got a bald pair of 24" hookworms you can have to keep the cost down. i'll even throw in some 24" whhels from a girls magna mountain bike that's leaning up against my buddy's dumpster in sunset beach. the alloy rims are just a little corroded, but the rusty 15g spokes should be fine.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
jeff, i was hoping the iceman would take care of me. and i'd go out and have drinks with norm... baird, andy, mona??