1949 Mercury

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Absolutely amazing. For anyone who has ever hand fabricated even small pieces, this has to be impressive. To accurately duplicate such intricate forms as fenders, hoods and deck lids, dash boards and headlight rims, especially of something like a 49 Merc is a feat beyond comprehension. It would have been a task if he would have chosen something simpler, like a Duece 5 window, but fat fendered Merc? Unbelievable. :)

Hat's off to that gentleman and thanks for sharing with us, Steve.

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
People are just nuts. Not counting how hard it was to make, think about how hard it much have been to get registered.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
wouldnt be to hard to register, it would be inspected and titled as a hobbiest vehicle. super easy to do, just have to call the state patrol to come and inspect it, they then issue a vin number. what im amazed at, was that he literally hand built the whole car, and it only took him 5 years.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very cool! It also brought back some memories from the early 1950's sitting in the back seat of my oldest brother's 49 Merc while he street drag raced. He was so happy when he traded up his 46 Hudson for the Merc which was considered very cool by his hoodlum friends. And you had to have the fender skirts.
SB

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
"i pulled the stainless through a die with a come-along".ingenoius.
a true craftsman.i wish i had the skills.and time.and patience,i could go on..
thanks for sharing.