Where to find NT carb float bowl gaskets???

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Does anyone know where to buy (or who can make) NT carb float bowl gaskets??
This is one of those items that's real hard to find!
It really sucks having to buy a new carb just because the gasket went bad!
:(

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Norm I've been thinking about trying to make the gasket myself. What I plan to do is put a light coat of 3m yellow glue on the bowl and sit it on a piece of gasket and let it dry, then trim it down with a box cutter or hobby knife. I know it a good bit of work but if we cant find gaskets this may be what will work.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I made one doing exactly what Greg58 suggested and another one I used 3/32" 'O' ring material and superglued it to hold it in place to get the screws started. You can buy 'O' ring material in bulk, on rolls and there is an adhesive for joining the ends after it is cut to length. I asked for something compatible with gasoline and the guy gave me the right stuff. Not rubber and not neoprene. Viton maybe? I bought 2 feet, enough to make several NT gaskets. It was about $5.00 if my memory serves me. Check for a local supplier of gasket and seals. Here in Denver the place is called Rocket Seals. http://www.rocketseals.com/catalog/o-rings-and-seals-for-u-s-measurements/o-rings/o-ring-cord-stock

Tom

Last edited: