This is the motor of all motors! Villiers!

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
This is the motor of all motors! Villiers! 1920-30s!

This is a VERY rare British Villiers 8C motor that was ordered and shipped from England. Very little is known about this gem's history. It was purchased for a board track racer build that I had to abandon for personal reasons. When it arrived I opened the box and was blown away at how good it looked. When I pulled the head off to inspect it I couldn't believe my eyes! This motor is like new! Someone obviously rebuilt this thing with love. It fires right up and has mean compression. It is ready to power that antique cycle or be the crown jewel in your period-correct board track racer. Talk about bad *ss!

I am not trying to profit from selling this but I would like to get back some of my investment.

Sorry for the crappy pics. If you'd like a specific shot I'd be happy to send it to you (please ask).

One pic shows the motor sitting in the frame that it "was" going to mounted in. The frame/tank have since been sold.

Researching this motor I learned that it is 147cc and made from the 20's-40's. These motors are designed to last. Parts are easily attainable through ebay.UK or Villiersparts.com

This motor will change lives.

I will also be listing this motor in a few forums and on Ebay.

Local pick up is encouraged. Will ship anywhere in the USA as long as buyer pays. :)

More Pics!
http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=580

The Albion gearbox is also availible!

Attachments

Last edited:

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I Have the buy it now at $799. I was offered $1000 when I first got the motor but I wasn't interested in selling it at that time. I have a friend that is trying to track the guy down for me. I will take offers.

bass

Apr 7, 2012
eugene
Guilty :) Wish I could've convinced the wife of that, that gearbox was a beauty. Now its off to a build thread. I am really excited, but I haven't chosen between the 50 schwinn straightbar or the 47 murray mercury :/ Got an a completely original Monarch super deluxe with the dual springer forks on the way too !!!!