Jack shaft question for hf79

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Yeppers ..... Works great and that's a good price. The best part is that plate can go on different motors if you swap out one day Also can use plate for a cvt

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Thanks Goose, would do for a start, get a Max later. Or use for setup purposes, then do good for finial .........................Curt

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Yep not AGK max clutch. But it's a great starter deal. There is a 98cc flat head in swap shop that's the same motor in the picture above.Also is the better AGK clutch with it all being sold by Harold. The clutch is set up for higher revs on idle so the back wheel doesn't engage as soon as engine is started.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yeppers ..... Works great and that's a good price. The best part is that plate can go on different motors if you swap out one day Also can use plate for a cvt
Why have the extra reduction there. Why not get rid of the JS and plate and just run a bigger sprocket on the shift kit left side? You'll gain a lot of efficiency and lose at least 5 lbs.

Pretty tight engine fit there!

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So from bookface I posted the same question and got a few replies from people that have used it.
Good start out with them upgrade two things, the clutch it self and the input gear in the js for lack of quality. Other than that everyone said that its ok and decent deal for the price.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Why have the extra reduction there. Why not get rid of the JS and plate and just run a bigger sprocket on the shift kit left side? You'll gain a lot of efficiency and lose at least 5 lbs.

Pretty tight engine fit there!
That was a old build so as I remember I had a 44 and a outer 54. You have a good question and I'm no gearing expert. So can't really say all I remember is for the 5 speed internal hub it was perfect. Now I use the plate on my 212 for the cvt. Reason is if I go from engine to JS then back to sheave. It bends the JS shaft. So I am using it as support now.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
I just bought one for my first build. My 79 cc will be here friday from HF. Im making a frame from scratch pretty much. Its going to be a fat tire bobber chopper type bike.nHope it works well. I seen the agk but though the savings could go towards other things at this moment. cheers

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
it worked alright just doing fine adjustments so it will last. if your using a wider rim/tire i would wait till you have frame, wheel, motor,js, and everything together before you finalize where to put the motor. get everything aligned and check twice before anything.
the way i did mine left no room for error. but i did it on purpose.

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Do you guys know if the number 415 chain goes on this jackshaft from the output to the rear wheel sprocket? And second question- Are all the aluminum hub hugging adapters for sale (the ones that bolt around the hub they sell on gasbike and elsewhere) number 415 chains as well? Their websites and and ebay does not list what chain number/type specification the sprockets are. I just dont want to receive the wrong parts and have to hassle with this reshipping stuff. Are all the motorbike drive chains a standard 415 across the board?

Bruce Lee

Dec 13, 2010
California
Thanks Goose, would do for a start, get a Max later. Or use for setup purposes, then do good for finial .........................Curt
I have the agk jackshaft on a 79cc bike but I use a bully clutch as it has a wide range of adjustable rpm clutch hookup.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Do you guys know if the number 415 chain goes on this jackshaft from the output to the rear wheel sprocket? And second question- Are all the aluminum hub hugging adapters for sale (the ones that bolt around the hub they sell on gasbike and elsewhere) number 415 chains as well? Their websites and and ebay does not list what chain number/type specification the sprockets are. I just dont want to receive the wrong parts and have to hassle with this reshipping stuff. Are all the motorbike drive chains a standard 415 across the board?
Sorry for the late response
Yes 415 chain