new build nightmare

GoldenMotor.com

joshuasdad

Oct 29, 2014
Oklahoma
started first build and hoping to be ready by Xmas. "Chinglish" manual useless so relying on youtube vids. Got it put together right or at least I believe so seeing as no parts left over but have questions and problems I cant seem to find answers to. If you can help then please answer questions in the order I ask or if answering only part, please include question number. 1. handlebar clutch lever when unsqueezed, is this for motor operation and if so should bike pedal normally as if no engine installed? 2. handlebar clutch lever when squeezed and thus locked is this for normal pedaling and if so, should bike pedal freely as if no engine installed? My problem= bike will roll whether clutch engaged or disengaged but very hard to pedal which I assume it means clutch needs major adjustment. so more questions. 3. should clutch adjustments be under compression (with spark plug in) or no compression (spark plug out)? 4. when adjusting clutch should handlebar clutch lever be squeezed or unsqueezed? And finally 5. when adding pressure to clutch plate or loosening pressure should motor chain gear remain stiff either way and making grinding noise. Hopefully someone out here can help. Tried to adjust and well there you go, this is my problem and questions to see if I am doing it wrong. Thanks for your help:-||:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've typed out full clutch info 40 some times & many others here have done the same.

a quick search will reveal all

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The clutch sounds bewildering, but you will get the hang of it. (I still get engaged and disengaged confused). Search the site for clutch adjustment. Tinker with your clutch a bit, You will develop the muscle memory.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, maybe we can help. When the clutch lever is released or you don't have your hand on it you should have resistance from the engine. When you squeeze the lever and hold it with your hand you should be able to roll the bike or ride it. With the engine installed it will be a little harder to pedal because you are turning the chain and the clutch shaft and gears. The link below should help.
https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFwUKmsj4ZVgVJrxAvsNPyo67O9kw