Clutch arm wearing down

GoldenMotor.com

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
I have had the bike running for 2 days, have not completed my break in period yet, when I went to check on everything today i noticed a lot of metal dust in the housing that covers the front sprocket. I took it all apart and noticed that my clutch arm had worn down a lot causing the dust. What can i do about this?

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
Also in the sprocket there is a shaft that can be removed with a ball bearing, the way it came the ball bearing goes in first, then the shaft. Maye this is backwards?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Those parts need lubrication. A good grade of bearing grease spread inside the cam housing, the contact areas where the cam presses against the pin and the ball bearing. They all need lubrication.

Yes, the ball bearing goes in first, then the pin. Clean all of the parts of metal particles before lubing.

You also might want to read this old thread> http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=6682

Good luck.

Tom

T_Raw

Mar 26, 2013
Navarre, Florida
thank you i lubricated them very well and will check the clutch arm again after my next ride. I read that thread before that is the reason i took the housing off and i used a dremmel to sand down the spot where the chain was hitting it. i will check that again after my next ride to thanks for the help i love riding this thing.