"Best" 80cc 2Stroke Engine

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hello everybody. The bike I bought just a week ago is falling apart. Brakes, clutch, exhaust and so on. Instead of buying the parts one by one I'm right about to order a complete new kit since they are so cheap. I tried to find the best in parts, quality and power and the one I ended up with was that one:

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/product_51_detailed.htm

Is there any bigger 2stroke with 90 or 100cc kit or just engine that fits the rest?

Is there any better deal than the one I ended up with?

Any recommendations before I buy this one?

THANK YOU

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hello everybody. The bike I bought just a week ago is falling apart. Brakes, clutch, exhaust and so on. Instead of buying the parts one by one I'm right about to order a complete new kit since they are so cheap. I tried to find the best in parts, quality and power and the one I ended up with was that one:

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/product_51_detailed.htm

Is there any bigger 2stroke with 90 or 100cc kit or just engine that fits the rest?
In this type engine kit...No

Is there any better deal than the one I ended up with?
Yes, but you need to search the net including ebay.

Any recommendations before I buy this one?
They are all just about the same.
THANK YOU
These are some of "MY" thoughts......

Buying a (Happy Time) Chinese 2 cycle kit.

1.There are many sellers of these kits, both from different vendors and on Ebay.
2.Most sellers don’t have a warranty, or back up the stated warranty. Very few do.
3.Do a search as to the ones that are reputable, many different complaints from a number of suppliers.

4.Don’t expect to build a MB bike for much less then a minimum of $200.00 plus the bike cost. To me cost isn’t a factor. I’m riding with the same engine since 2009 ($126.00), it was the cheapest I could find. Wasn’t sure how I’d like it, and before I joined the forum. I did my own modifications. Later on the subject.
5.These kits are NOT installed and ride. Expect to make some modifications for longevity.
6.For the most part, these kits are all about the same. It’s a roll of the die.

7.Just about every possible question about this engine has been asked, diagnosed and answered. A search will find that your questions have been covered many times over. Can’t find it? Sometimes it’s hard to find. Just ask. Pictures are a great help, this goes along with a detailed question, and not just “Help?????” Personally I don’t know what a “thingy is” (does anyone?) here is a site that list parts by name. This should help; it did for me as some names of parts are specific to these kits.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stroke-parts-c-4.html?osCsid=ges5a73qhdeuvshi19srjuq544 Thank you bicycle-engines.com
8.We also have stickies that cover just about everything about all MB builds.
They are a good source of information.

9.Stay away from “Chrome” painted engines if possible as these engines are air cooled and “BLACK” dissipates the heat better, all mine are either black, or no finish at all.
10.Take your time building, and you will have a safer, better ride.
After building, while breaking it in, I suggest a fuel mixture of 20:1 to start with, not 16:1 as the book states…if you even get one. Here is the manual.
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/STARFIRE SKYHAWK WEB INSTRUCTIONS.htm Thank you grubeeinc.com
11.Here are the modifications “I” make. Pick out what you want is any.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit

We are all here to help, have a ball and a safe ride.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
LR,
It almost seems to me that your needs might fall outside this class of transport.
If you are having such difficulties, a well built 4 cycle motorized bicycle or a moped/scooter might be best to serve your needs.
There really is no substitute for cubic inches when a job must be done.

and GOSH! I really like your website! Magnificent pics of the island!
I'd sure like to visit!!! :)

Best
rc

AFAIK, it's acceptable practice to include your website in your signature/tagline.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
btw is it true that the 2stroke have to be turned off every 30 min to cool it down? i saw something like that yesterday.

@ fisherman. i already looked up ebay too and multiple websites and this kit seemed to be the best one.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
btw is it true that the 2stroke have to be turned off every 30 min to cool it down? i saw something like that yesterday.

@ fisherman. i already looked up ebay too and multiple websites and this kit seemed to be the best one.
Go for it then.

I recommend that during a break in...after no problem. We let it sit till we could hold onto the engine with our hand. Also I don't go full throttle, and varied the RPM's. My builds (engine) have been trouble free. They are NOT used for every day transportation.

Last edited: