Next Project in the works! Front Forks!

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,All.
As a lot of you already know I just finished building a set of custom tanks.
If you haven't see( Guess what I'm going to take a poke at!) Well I've finished them I just have to paint them!
So I thought I'd start another Thread about my next project! If you peruse my last thread you might have noticed that the front suspension of the black bike was covered,nobody asked why?
I'm not happy with the choices of front suspensions offered out there.And as far as I know " NO" one is building custom ones!"WHO KNOWS" I might just start up a whole new industry!
So I'm thinking on building my version of what might be another flavor of options! Your thoughts? Kip.
[email protected]

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
I was thinking of a light weight girder front end.
Those could be old school, made from thin steel tubing with a single spring and threaded head sets OR high tech, made from 1/4"aluminum plate girder legs, Tig welded in cross bracing and a nice neat dual shorty shock set up with a full "A" head.
Either way? make mine disc compatable please.
Something different than great grand pa's banana springer.
Just my 2 cents worth
FR

Last edited:

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I was thinking of a light weight girder front end.
Those could be old school, made from thin steel tubing with a single spring and threaded head sets OR high tech, made from 1/4"aluminum plate girder legs, Tig welded in cross bracing and a nice neat dual shorty shock set up with a full "A" head.
Either way? make mine disc compatable please.
Something different than great grand pa's banana springer.
Just my 2 cents worth
FR
You and I think a lot alike! They definitely won't be a copy of the Chinese junk out there! Thanks for the input! Kip.
[email protected]

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
I'm down to assist in research and development if you like.
I was looking for something different myself for a light(er) weight hard tail frame electric I want to build.

Based on a 29er or road frame, with 29 or 700c wheels,
I wanted to stretch the wheelbase just a few inches, WITHOUT having to resort to cutting up a frame, this could be easily accomplished by using girder with slightly longer side parallel link plates. These forks should actually handle very well due the lesser change in trail as they go through the travel.

Here are a few ideas that ive come across.

Pic#1- is an exploded view of a stainless steel tube version that i had kicking around in my head, mind you, none of these drawings are to scale and they do not represent the size of the actual parts so bear with me guys, im not DaVinchi.

Pic#2- Shows a equal length "P" link set up.

Pic#3- Shows an un equal "P" link set up..

Please feel free to use what ever i send you, if i can be of further assistance just hit me up.
I have quite a few more ideas.
Food for thought.
Far Rider

Attachments

riff44raff

Nov 4, 2010
staton ca
brainfork ok I hope i did that right if not look up brainfork ! and if you do make any of these I would love one but just cut it down to stock size no rake so let me know what you think