debo's boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
hey guys this build is for my buddy we are going to start of with a cranbrook. I know the hubs suck but we will replace em, i found it cheaper to buy this bike rather than piecing one together. i will utilize the rear triangle and head tube later on it will get a springer fork,the gas tank will be a simple tank like one of a pee shooter or emblem were not going to replicate any thing here just have a cool looking mb. here is what i start with its .095 steel real thick stuff i take time on the droop loop bend this is the most important part of the frame for me

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
after that i hack up the bike what u see is mainly what i use off the cranbrook then i clean up the bottom bracket and chain guard brackets

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
i didn't get much done today,i was shopping for parts to make a fuel site gage i don't have the means to braze any thing so i bit the bullet and bought a 50 dollar kit at the local custom bike shop. it looks good though and the bike will have chrome all over so maybe it will be a nice accent

Attachments

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Hey Dash,
I looked at your post a couple of times and viewed the pictures; I really like what you are doing with that bike. My first impression was HUFFY and Wal-Mart…I will not go there sorry. The whole idea and what you are building makes sense, I have wanted to build a bike from scratch and researched the parts and find it makes more sense to find a donor bike to start with.
BTW you have some nice fab skills bro. Thanks for the inspiration to build.
Keep us up to date on that build.

CCC

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix

thanks for the comments bro and i agree withe the huffy/walmart bike but i am on a budget as in a non existing one the only reason i get to build this one is because its for a customer/friend and i have explained to him time and time again that he will need to at lest replace the hubs if not both wheels but if you do the math , 25 for bars 15 for the neck 20 for cranks 10 for pedals 7 for grips and i don't know how much for bearings, cups,bbtube,head tube,its over 80 and i dont think these parts will fail, and with the purchase of the huffy i can use the rims for mock up purposes.and when the wheels are replaced i can use the huffy rims on bikes i build just for pedaling. i will say this, the bike you see has cranbrook rims on it and so far so good , i don't ride it every day and when i do its riden with care because i hear of the horror stories with the rear coaster. but as soon as i get out of this financial rut the first thing going on my bike is some sweet worksman rims!

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
thanks azbill, i realy want to do a ez kit on the next one and cruise fountain hills, i bet its fun to ride around there!

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix

we hid the cdi box in a beer can and mounted a kill switch on the bottom of the can. the bike is all mocked up time for tear down and paint were thinking a red frame and a cream tank

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
we got it running today! the fuel site gauge is so cool no leaks or squeaks and the throttle is so smooth, way better than the stock throttle im going to prime it tonight and i should have it painted by Sunday

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
we got it all put together its hard to tell from the picture but we made a choke pull so we didn't have to use the one from the kit