Yet another nube

GoldenMotor.com

Bukrub

Dec 12, 2010
Texas
Hello everyone. I'm Ron From Montgomery Texas and I just built my first bike. I was turned on to Desert Eagle a couple of months ago by a buddy of mine. I must say I haven't been into bikes since I was a kid and didnt really give it another thought. Then I had a brainstorm. I'm an avid deer hunter. What if I was to put a motor on a bike with a trailer to get all my gear back in the woods. So last week I ordered a china girl from Gasbikes. I found a used trailer on Craiglist, got down my old POS Pawnshop Magna that had been hanging on a hook for at least 7 years and waited. Friday my kit arrived and I went to work. Had a few issues. Clutch stuck, couldn't get it to run right. Had to heat up and bend the muffler for clearance and of course the motor didn't want to just bolt up to the frame so a few mods there. Any way, its all done now and as I type this I'm sitting in the woods, 2 miles from my truck with bike, trailer and 60 pounds of gear. I'm stoked. I did figure out fairly quickly that I need a more comfortable seat, some cruiser handle bar and a headlight. This is a great forum. I look forward to doing another build.