Got one day of riding in!

GoldenMotor.com

failsatheals

Aug 29, 2012
GI
I finally got my kit together and got to ride it for a good 2-3 hours. Now when I disengage the clutch it putters and stops. If I keep petting with the clutch out it will continue to putter with the pedals, but with my limited knowledge it seems like it isnt firing the spark plug. Could I have shorted the starter? is there anyway to get a new module?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Do you have a 2 stroke?

To be honest, it sounds like your kill switch is stuck on or there is a wire loose in your connections from the engine to the coil.

failsatheals

Aug 29, 2012
GI
Yes it is. I don't think the kill switch is even wired cause we weren't sure what colors went to what. Could I had shorted anything out? The white is for external power isn't it?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
White is for a light. Just snip or tie it off, don't attach anything to it. lol

Even if the kill switch isn't wired, make sure the corresponding wiring coming from the engine going to the CDI box is intact and secure. Make sure your plug boot is on the plug as those kit boots are crap.

failsatheals

Aug 29, 2012
GI
Alright. I found a few things that show how to test the cdi. If I don't have any luck ill just buy a whole new cdi unit. I tried using a screw driver in the plug and near the spark plug and no spark, but if there is loose wiring that would cause the same problem.

failsatheals

Aug 29, 2012
GI
I am fairly certain there is no spark, but the choke could also be a problem. I will try and mess with both of them today, hopefully I can get it running again!

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
Hey fails, throw that thing in the trunk and road trip on down here, I can probably help get you back on the road. I should have any part you may need. Still have my number? usflg