need help im a noob

GoldenMotor.com

gaz888

May 25, 2010
WYONG NSW AUSTRALIA
dnuti just got my 1st motorized bike it is a ped bits (f80b) it was ok the 1st day i put it on
but now its lagy so i want out and payed for a new bigger carby and that did **** still lagy down low
and up top i just dont no what to do

can some 1 plz help me thnx garry

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
dnuti just got my 1st motorized bike it is a ped bits (f80b) it was ok the 1st day i put it on
but now its lagy so i want out and payed for a new bigger carby and that did **** still lagy down low
and up top i just dont no what to do

can some 1 plz help me thnx garry
Several points to make garry,

1. If it ran OK the first day it was obviously working then. Correct?

2. Did you do anything to it at all after that? Put more gasoline in it? Change something?

3. For those of us who are simply senile and don't know exactly what kind of bike you described in your question, you should always put the type and model of engine you've got, type of transmission or clutch you're using, and maybe even a link to a website with a picture or two of a similar model.

4. Do you have an owner's/operator's manual with this bike? Have you read it?

Have you made sure of certain things like is the choke off or on when this happens. Leaving the choke on will do just that to an engine. Choke off its air supply.

If you put some more gasoline in it, what kind of gasoline did you use? Here in the States we have a choice of oxygenated (gasoline with 10% alcohol) or non oxygenated gasoline. The 92 octane, non oxygenated gasoline is supposed to be strictly for small engines, motor cycles, lawn mowers and stuff.

Were you supposed to premix the gas and oil? If so what ratio? 2-stroke engines generally use a 50 to 1 ratio by volume of gasoline to oil. A lack of oil will cause your engine to seize (bog down from lack of lubrication) at high compression (low speed acceleration) or high RPM.

After the first day of riding when everything was working correctly did you check over everything after it cooled down? Did you make sure there were no loose nuts, bolts or screws caused by the heat expansion and cooling cycle. Loose carburetor mountings will cause a vacuum leak and play **** with your air/fuel mixtures. Crud in the gas tank can get into things and also cause problems.

5. Four factors cause an engine to make power, these are called the power cycle. They are: Air, Fuel, Compression, and Ignition. A problem with any one of these factors in the power cycle will cause a loss of power during certain conditions.

6. Get a book about small engines, or take a class on them. You'll be way ahead if you do that.

-Woody