Wisconsinite

GoldenMotor.com

handprop

Jun 10, 2010
wisconsin
Hello folks!

My name is Mike and I found this forum today searching for a new bicycle on google. I own a Gary Fisher and my neighbor ran it over with his riding lawn mower (long story, I borrowed it to him and he brought it back all bent up). Anyhow, I need a new bike and always liked the beach cruisers and somehow I ended up on this forum.

I think this is a great thing you all have going here. Over the years I've owned many motorcycles and these motorized bikes seem like even more fun so I'm looking forward to learning about this.

Besides motorcycles I'm a pilot and fly vintage open cockpit airplanes. I'm 38 and have a wife and 3 kids, all of which think I'm a little bit off my rocker. I'm gonna just kick back and do some reading and learning from all you experienced people.

Mike

handprop

Jun 10, 2010
wisconsin
It's amazing the things you see when your attention is turned on to a specific thing. I have never seen a motorized bike in person but this morning that changed. A young 14 year old kid drove by on one and I jumoed in my truck to try and catch him.

He turned around and saw me follow him so he stepped on the gas thinking he was in trouble. My speedometer clocked him at 53 miles per hour......on a mountain bike!!!!

He finally stopped and I cought up to him. He was white as a sheet thinking he was in serious trouble when I got out of my truck. I had to explain I was just trying to check it out and then he had a big smile.

It turns out he just bought it from a neighbor who sold it to buy another one but larger in size. He also said that it has been trouble free and he runs it every day.

Needless to say, I was very impressed although worried about a young kid going that fast so I tried to explain to him he could get hurt going that fast. Anyhow, I'm sold.......I think i'm going to hit my drafting table and draw up plans for a frame to try and custom build one like.

Mike

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Mike

Hi And Welcome To The Forum, A Good Place. Lot`s Of Loose Nut`s Laying Around Here. Lol. Apparently You Live In An Area Of Very Fast Motorbicycle`s, 53 Is Scary. What Part Of Wi Are You In ? Keep In Touch. Ron .cvlt1

handprop

Jun 10, 2010
wisconsin
I hale from Watertown Wisconsin....

Yeah, I was blown away how fast it actually went. Having 3 kids of my own it scared me to death thinking about a young kid going that fast. He is a very thin and light kid so I'm sure that accounts for some speed increase.