panamajack sprocket selection

GoldenMotor.com

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
will the sprocket that comes with the FMB80cc kit generally handle most hills with 200lb rider?or do i have to go above 46?teeth.trying to get a ball park figure - buying a sprocket adapter and not even gonna try the rag joint.you guys recommended (kings).not concerned with big top speed more important to me not to peddle or push. yeah im 55 and gettin lazy

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Really depends on what kind of terrain you will be riding. I weigh around 235 give or take and the 44 works fine for me to provide just enough power to top some rolling hills, but also be able to maintain a nice cruise speed on the flats without over revving the engine. I built a bike for a 150lb guy and he wanted a 50t sprocket just because he planned to never leave town..not cruise over 20mph and he wanted to be able to take off from a very slight rolling start. I however like to cruise the back country blacktops..so I like a bit lower rev and a bit higher cruise speed but still want enough power to make it over the hills. Really does come down to the type of riding you plan on doing and what I would say works good for me might not be at all what you want.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I'm 180 and I have a fairly heavy cruiser bike that weighs a good twenty pounds over my buddies mountain bike. Anyways 44T will probably get you anywhere you need to go! I have taken some pretty steep hills on my 36T so I am absolutely positive the 44 will get you where you need to go. Now if you are going mountain climbing probably not, but anything paved most likely the 44 will get you there!