Big Black Jack

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well here we go again,This build will be a tribute to the 1915/1916 Shaw Moto Bike

I started with a Gran Royale Union Flyer, after doing research on this bike for nearly a year I decided to get it and was amzed to find out the Quality Components can't be found in most HIGH DOLLAR bikes at triple the price
Chromoly steel frame
Double Wall Drop Center Aluminum 700c/28x1 1/2" rims
12 Gauge spokes
Shimano CB E-110 rear hub
Shimano front hub
Aviner heavy duty thorn proof tubes
Solid 28tpi (Schwinn Type)crank with 1/2" threaded peddles
Threadless fork and head set
I have changed out and or modified..
Extened Handle bars
Cream colored Electra Amsterdam Tires
1936 Cream colored Peddles
GYES leather springedSaddle
Bent top bar (1 1/2" drop)
Center bar Gas Tank
Oil Box
28" Zepplin fenders
Struts on front forks
And a lot of other cool stuff to come
Engine...
A Real PK (Power King) 69.5/80 cc
CRMachine stage 1 upper end kit
Dax RT (dellorto Clone) 15.15 carb
Taylar custom expansion Chamber

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
( Joe Dirt ) DANG! Tell Dan his shop is too clean... laff Thats gonna be one heck of a fine looking ride! Cool little tank behind the seatpost! Trussed the fork too I see. Did you bend the bars so they shoot streight back or is that illusion. I need a pair of tiller style bars but ebay prices are INSANE! nice job extending.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Going to have to change the oil box up a little but not to noticible, Yha! Dan really likes this bike, out of all the bikes that have ever passed before Dan I've never seen him talk up on a bike like this one.

Gotta get this engine Mocked up then break it down for powder coating.

Whats up with you Velo? haven't heard very Much from you since you started putting in the new bathtube for your Mom

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now just a couple of words of advice..... Velo on yer felt
You've got a very neat and collectable bike,you've changed the seat + now get a tank that fits behind the seat, don't get something weird get something that compliments the bike, next got to www.custommotoredbicycles.com and get the 32" wide cruiser handle bars and a set of Abraham Linkage forks (paint them the same color as the bike) and call it good with the Bicycle end of it,
Nice! Bike Velo

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Moto Magz it should be a another fun build.

Velo I don't know what to say except " you can't Monkey around all the time" Buddy
keep the bike true to it's nature and you'll see you'll like it! what ever happened to the Mean Green Machine? and what kind of engine are you going to put in the Chief ?

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
HS 4G 100 tooth (welded ) and converted to belt drive ( i think ) The Twin is doing fine; put about 10 miles on it yesterday. Hey Truckd! What does Dan get for one of his gas caps and about 3" of tube? You can PM of course; were geting a bit far a field from your build thread.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
PS: I see the original had no front brake. for saftey sake do you plan anything to improve stopping ability on your build?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ok! got some parts from Crmachine & Dax today, so after I finish mounting the engine I'll be cleaning,port matching and rebuilding the new PK 69.5/80cc engine, the PK 80 is a larger engine so I'll have to reconfigure the mounting set points as the engine used to fab was slightly smaller, no big deal just a little time

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well remounted the engine today, seems to be very firm, I will start cleaning the engine parts up tomorrow and then after that I'll know what gets powder coated what color.
I love the style of these bikes

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks Bozo & Chain
I bought the PK 80 at
www.custommotoredbicycles.com
I bought the PK 80 last year for the SportsmanFlyer Deluxe #3 I purchased from Pat, the bike has just been sitting as I've had other projects to contend with but I'll get another engine for it and start on it after the Jack is done.
The two bikes requiring the most fab,design and detail are the Taylar Indian and the Flyer so they absolutely must recieve the best of the best of the best, not that any of my bikes recieve anything less, you know what I'm Say"n!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ok! so I ordered a stage ! Top End Kit and today I had to finish the intake and exhaust porting as you'll see from the before and after pic's I also had to straighten out ALL!! the cooling fins, there is now 1/4" space between all fins and a lot of exterior flashing and bad casting had to be removed as well,some of the fins were in bad shape especially the one right over the exhaust port,it's almost non exsistant but I'm having the cylinder powder coated with a ceramic black & copper hammer finish so the dark color will hide the blemish, I bought this kit for a couple of reasons, Performance and to eliminate the extra work of porting and cleaning everything thats what I get for thinking, as most know I don't put ecky stuff on my bikes,Dammnit "A Good Bike Aint Cheap And A Cheap Bike Ain't Good!!"
So you'll see the work that had to and was done and the work that still has to be done.
Now thats what I call port matching!

Attachments

Last edited: