Sopa/pipa

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
My favorite resource, hands down, is the Jimmy Wales wikipedia.
It opens doors to many, many things.

The folks who conduct that site, along with a number of other sites I visit, are strongly opposed to government intrusion into the freedom we enjoy upon the internet, represented by SOPA and PIPA, which are US legislative attempts to stop online piracy.

I urge you to investigate what is going on with this legislation, and consider how it may affect you, and all of us.

Best
rc

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Researched it. Saw how meddlesome and intrusive such legislation could become. Came to realize how much it could be misused and abused (human nature being what it is). Signed petition. Have been inviting others to read about these acts and decide where their interests lie.

Having said that: please, everyone, don't ignore SOPA/PIPA. Read about this matter and think carefully about what all could happen - good and bad - under this new legislation. Read for yourself, but please don't ignore.

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
The bill was shelved.
A lot of politicians started seeing the light after the self-imposed blackouts & cyberattacks on government systems, & most withdrew support for the bills in their current forms.
I don't have a lot of faith in the gov't. In keeping with the trends we've witnessed over the past few years, I think it's gonna pass eventually.
Either way, hackers won't let the shutdowns happen. I think they made it clear this week.