option for wide crank?

GoldenMotor.com

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
I finished my morini project (ill try to get some pics on here) and its awsome and all but I havent figure out the peddle side drive just yet, now im going to need some wide crank arms to clear the width of the engine. My question to all is what are my crank arm options, does anyone know if i can get a nice looking set, i dont perticularly like the ones they have on ebay.dance1

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I think I don't understand what you're asking.

You "don't like the ones they have on eBay"? How in the heck are you looking for them - there's hundreds upon thousands of different cranks on eBay, so I doubt you looked at them all.

You can get one piece cranks or some three piece cranks, and the options are infinite and endless as far as arm length, shaft length, metal types and colors.

Last edited:

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
yes your right there are thousands of cranksets on ebay, but i havent seen more than the one design for the wide crank set (where the crank arm bends outwards and than up again) maybe im seching under the wrong thing, the one i found and dont like are the ones for motorized bicycles only one type came up, ill try and look again maybe under moped crank arms or something.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
i was looking for something along the lines of this but i was wondering if anyone has made a better looking one, or maybe somthing machined out of aluminum, worst case scenario ill just get it powdercoated black

Attachments

Last edited:

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
i know several guy that just went to a good welder an had the proper length welded in
no messing with different arms or bottom racks. weld in a good inline piece to the arm and ride folly ride

stay dry
gubba