adventures riding a Weed Whacker

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Ha!

Probably should have asked how much he would give you for it, Deacon.
If he was ready to spring top dollar, you could have started all over again the next day.

I got CARB to deal with here in Kalifornia... in addition to EPA... gonna be difficult to get cheap HT engines. One of mine was a basketcase, and the other was a kit that was never assembled or even run. It says Red Bat on the box, but I can't find any reference to that online.

But if I can sell em, I will. Then I'll go with something else.

I heard there's a lot more where they came from. :)
Best
rc

Deacon, you mentioned getting a full suspension bike...
Y'know, you could try going with a plush seat and one of those sprung seatposts.
I never tried one, but it should provide a little more cush.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I worked for two different guys one time selling a rolling product. One said I will not sell this unit for less than 40% mark up, The other one said get me 10 percent real profit and let the thang go. They make new ones every day.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
by the way a guy putting a new roof on my house asked me to build him one like mine.. I said no.. he was one bad dude and I dont have that much faith in this motor

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I keep making changes to the bike, and it keeps being fun. I rode it about twelve miles to day but all in one or two mile trips. I was testing different adjustments. I am more satisfied with it today.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
So this morning my wife has gone to the beach with my daughter. I am all alone with a car I don't drive and a week whacker bike. I have decided to test real world. I built this bike to ride as a replacement for a car, since I can't drive a car. But of course my wife drives so I don't ever have to use it. Well now I get to see if I could do all the things I really need to do with it. First is I don't need to do it, but if I were living alone, now and then I would want to have breakfast out. So today, I am going to ride the bike out to breakfast.

I have three or four options that fit the 'best route' scenario. There is McDonalds at the mall, which is the closest and will work just fine I think. The parking lot is built on wicked hill, so getting in will be interesting I think. Anyway, I think today it is the rainbow steakhouse for breakfast.

I'm back and everything went fine. This is definitely a viable option if you do your planning.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Oh gosh, Deacon...

I've got significant health probs myself, and it's not a really great subject to discuss on a forum... but I'll say this...

My health probs are a big part of why I am interested in MABs.

and, I would attribute a significant part of my health probs to my fastfood diet when I was working in the construction trades. Just simply did NOT have time for a sit down, quality meal, nor was I ever at home to eat one.
I tried to eat the better of the fast food offerings, but we all know how that goes...

At least ride you bike to a Mom & Pop place where there are real people working that can be personable. Park your bike right out front and enjoy talking with folks about it while you enjoy your meal!

...my two cents...
rc

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
well worth 2cents. as always... spent a lot of time on the road and had to eat quickly and in whatever was on the road so yes lots of fast food. I lost 65lbs since I took up biking and improved my general health and well being. I contribute the bike for keeping me alive and I'm not kidding. So keep riding.,

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
LOL

Ha! Yah got me! :)

..Today, I was offered 3%.
Man, that hurt when it sank in.
...just getting old, I guess... I once got 25%.

Such is life
rc

Maybe if I build a rack I could tow my bag cart behind me?

Attachments

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
use an old front fork with those wheel wisher with the nub on a wheel hub attached to the bike. Attach the handle bar post to your bag lol. Bet the cops wouldn't mind that at all.