problem here any ideas

GoldenMotor.com

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
so i have a skyhawk gt5 2 stroke/nt carb heres the predicament. the bike starts up fine no problem idles fine/ will rev up to about 1/4 throttle when it seems to sound like it will not rev up at all ,, kindof bogs out. i completley dismantled the carb cleaned it everything is working fine even put another carb on there there same thing will start up no problem at all idle no problem then give it gas while the clutch is held in, or riding and will not rev up at all actually sounds like its trying to rev while bogging at the same time but never revving, almost sounds like a sputtering rev choppy

Last edited:

Jneff

May 15, 2011
florida
did you recently replace the gas cap? it might not be venting right. idk, it sounds like what was going on with my bike, thought the carb needed cleaning then it turned out my new gas cap wasn't vented properly.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
well im having the same problem with my NT speed carb and i know my my cap is vented due i drilled a hole thru the top just to try to see if this is the prob but it wasn't that i try jetting took it from the 70 all the way to 82 still the same thing but the bike top out a 22mph then bog petcock was mod was done can empty tank in less than 90sec any help i would love

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
What's the difference when you adjust the needle clip/rejet?

Is the jet screwed in all the way?

From where air comes in to where air comes out I'd fine toothed comb it over.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
not a lot of difference after each jet i moved the e clip bottom to top still the same thing and even check 4 air leak after every time after i got to 82 got little tee off and came here to see if any1 had an idea i can try

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Could be a marginal ignition system; works fine at idle, but once you try to speed up, it can't keep up. You should go through the electrical system, clean up any electrical contacts with some sandpaper, such as between the magneto and the engine posts that it sits on, clean the ring terminal for the ground, etc.

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
ill have to look into this due we tried a different carb and all the jet even no petcock straight line in to carb and still the same thing