Titan in frame 4s kit ?

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I currently have bench tested under load an inline Simplex gear box with a Titan XC50 on the bench for several hours. So far, it has shown great promise. The next step is to install on to a bike and load test. I hope to have this done tonight. If all goes well, and it can take real time load testing, typically 500 miles or more and shows little or no wear, then I will have them copyrighted and then copied and offered for sale. I do not wish to get anyone too excited about this.. But.. It does show great promise. A reliable gear box for IF 4 stroke kits that is affordable for everyone is the goal. Once testing is done, I can have these gear boxes copied and for sale in around 3-4 weeks time. But.. Let me see how testing goes.. Enjoy the ride..

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Well.. I have it installed on a old version Skyliner. The older version has the room for the 4S kit. So far.. Street Testing is going well.. Put on 15 miles or so. It is cold !!! Burrr.. Was snowing this morning, and just quit raining. Streets dried up in time to put on some miles before dark. The Manifold I made was from steel and the RT HP carb mounted right up. Seems like the richer jet 80 is working best. That surprises me since 80 is rich and I figured it would be too rich for the XC50. But it seems ok. Idles, and runs ok.. I may need to play a little more with the carb.. But. It runs good enough for test mode. I must be pushing 35mph or more on the flats.. So.. It does run ok. So. I will continue to test. This is showing a lot of promise. I feel that as long as you keep HP to 4 or less, this gear box should be able to handle it. This is a modified gear box used on 3-5 hp racing motors. I do have a gear box that can handle up to 10hp but is wider. But for now. I am testing with the lighter version. So ..If it holds up well, I know the other gear box would also. Testing continues in earnest tomorrow.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Another 30 miles or so logged.. I will do some more riding before the day is done. It is working really well. It looks like I may have just the ticket for all those wanting a reliable In Frame 4 stroke with a simple reliable gear box. My Cruise is 33mph and top speed is 36. Keep in mind I am over 6000 feet. 9000 feet is my altitude for HP since it is so dry here. That is what we are equated to for enigne power since we run 12-15 percent humidity. Also. Keep in mind this is an old used XC50 and not a super. I wish I had a Super Titan to install. I bet it would hit 40. We shall see. I have more Supers on the way !! I may have around 60 miles or so testing. I would like to log in 500-1000 trouble free miles and then inspect gear box and drive train for wear before I call it a done deal. So..With that.. I am off to log in more miles.. Enjoy the ride !!!