Bike problems on my way to work. Help please...

GoldenMotor.com

AhabChris

Apr 1, 2011
Orange County
Today my bike had severe acceleration problems and idle problems. I was not able to use the motor with the choke pushed down if I did the bike would bog down and if given gas die out faster. When I leave the choke up it runs but very poorly. As in lose of power acceleration and torque. Takes me a long while to accelerate to 25 which is where its topping out at for some strange reason and all power and torque to engine is gone. I was thinking this could be an air leak but if so where should I start looking? Any other suggestions?

RAW 66cc/80cc over 300 miles and gas ratio is 32:1

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Today my bike had severe acceleration problems and idle problems. I was not able to use the motor with the choke pushed down if I did the bike would bog down and if given gas die out faster. When I leave the choke up it runs but very poorly. As in lose of power acceleration and torque. Takes me a long while to accelerate to 25 which is where its topping out at for some strange reason and all power and torque to engine is gone. I was thinking this could be an air leak but if so where should I start looking? Any other suggestions?

RAW 66cc/80cc over 300 miles and gas ratio is 32:1
Sounds like a air leak to me....Start at the intake manifold....unbolt it and put instant gasket goop(the red stuff)on each side of the intake gasket and tighten back down....Then put the red gasket goop on the end of the intake and slide the carb back on(you should have a rubber O ring in the carb flange....I would put some also were the the throttle cable screws in on the top....
John