Atomic BB

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think I've worked out most of the bugs now. This lil China Girl has gotten pretty dependable.

I don't think it's fair to say that all these Chinese, China Girl motors are crap. Some probably are, but I think it's safe to say a lot of the problems are caused by our own inexperience, and poor build quality.

Since my initial construction all the problems I've had could have been avoided if I would have had more experience.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
That has been my experience also bikenut

The first one we built in a tiny little space that we could not even turn around in using improper tools every problem we have had has been with the add on parts in the kits, not the engine or the bike itself

The second I was able to take more time, work in a more suitable workspace and used the right tools for the job.
The only problems we have had wit that one was a fouled plug, probably from using t rich an oil mix, and the handle bars came loose once

I'm on the fourth now and I think I have all the minor BS issues figured out

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is the Atomic BB today. Although I've changed almost every part on the bicycle, the Flying Horse motor is practically untouched. In 2 1/2 years and over 2000 miles, all I've done to it is replace 2 pinion gears. The stock float sprung a leak and had to be replaced. The stock muffler disintegrated a couple times, causing some broken spokes, but after I modified the muffler, it hasn't been as much a problem. I still have to keep an eye on it though. All these problems were addressed in the first year.

My hocky puck front motor mount has worked very well. The custom chain tensioner I fabracated has proven bullet proof. The Atomic BB has had a lot of chain maintenance, and it shows. I'm still running the original KMC 415 chain I bought from Pirate Cycle, but at 2000 miles I think it's getting pretty old and stretched out. I'll replace it soon, but the 40T sprocket I bought at the same time is still in good shape.

Performance wise, when new the Atomic BB could do 28 mph. Now 2000 miles later, the Atomic BB will still do 28 mph. Nothing seems to have changed at all in the way it runs. It's getting about 120 mpg. This bike has turned out to be my favorite, even though I like the 80 motors better. I feel I can hop on it and ride around all day without worry at top speed. It's also a great snow cone stand bar hopper.

Then, and now

Then

Now

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is the Atomic BB today. Although I've changed almost every part on the bicycle, the Flying Horse motor is practically untouched. In 2 1/2 years and over 2000 miles, all I've done to it is replace 2 pinion gears. The stock float sprung a leak and had to be replaced. The stock muffler disintegrated a couple times, causing some broken spokes, but after I modified the muffler, it hasn't been as much a problem. I still have to keep an eye on it though. All these problems were addressed in the first year.

My hocky puck front motor mount has worked very well. The custom chain tensioner I fabracated has proven bullet proof. The Atomic BB has had a lot of chain maintenance, and it shows. I'm still running the original KMC 415 chain I bought from Pirate Cycle, but at 2000 miles I think it's getting pretty old and stretched out. I'll replace it soon, but the 40T sprocket I bought at the same time is still in good shape.

Performance wise, when new the Atomic BB could do 28 mph. Now 2000 miles later, the Atomic BB will still do 28 mph. Nothing seems to have changed at all in the way it runs. It's getting about 120 mpg. This bike has turned out to be my favorite, even though I like the 80 motors better. I feel I can hop on it and ride around all day without worry at top speed. It's also a great snow cone stand bar hopper.

Then, and now

Then

Now

Add 3 more weeks