Building of the Andian

GoldenMotor.com

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Thanks Michael. Yes, it's all 12 volt. I took a 7ah gel-cell battery and use that for the lights. It will last me several hours without any problem. I keep it in one of the saddlebags and ran the wires from there.

Rusty, it's funny, the green fenders were the one thing that HAD TO GO for me. That's what makes this hobby so great. One man's green fenders is another man's treasure! rotfl
well good for you !!!! hope you greased all the bearings walmart bike don't come with that much grease!!!!!!! check the pedal crank,forks &both wheels!!!!! before you ride long distance

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
before you ride long distance
Ha-HA! Well, she's got about 900 miles on it since Christmas, many of them 40 miles at a pop. I did check the bearings and actually changed out the wheels (sturmey archer with sealed bearings up front and a Heavy duty 11-gauge spoked Husky wheel in back. She's about completed at this point. Now I can go out and put some miles on it! Aught to get a video or two while I'm at it.

cschade

Aug 8, 2014
United States
I know this is an old thread, and I apologize if I violate some rule here by bumping. BUT.... This build is one of my favorite I have ever seen on this site! The attention to detail and craftsmanship is simply stunning! Great job Andy!
usflg

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Still at it!

Made a complete circle at life and wound up back on the ol' Andian again. I had to tear down the carb and clean it out and scrub up the bike for a while since it's been sitting in the shed for quite a few years.

Started pedaling, popped the clutch - and it fired right up! I swapped out the headlight and taillight for LEDs since technology HAS progressed a little since I built this thing. LoL.

So, anyone else still have a long-time steed?