JNM Motors X-Port

GoldenMotor.com

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Anyone here using one of these? Just curious what every ones thoughts are... I'm probly gonna end
up getting one regardless if they increase performance or not. I'm such a sucker for things that look cool :)
At the very least it should take care of any interference issues between the frame and exhaust.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I can see it giving a small change in power delivery, if not actually increasing power, due to the larger header volume. The fins might help cooling around the exhaust port a bit as well though I doubt it would amount to much. I'd be wary of the extra bolts and nuts to strip while doing maintenance.
Basically it's a gimmick, but it does look cool and might help a restricted stock muffler a bit.
A good Tuned pipe would be a FAR better way to spend your hard earned cash, especially if you want improved power along with looking cool.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
yeah, can't imagine that there would be any dramatic difference - however they look awesome, like the old bmw header fins, used to combat header bluing. Despite what I said about their questionable affect on performance, every inch counts when considering the affect which header length has on torque. So, there may be some improvements on low end power / torque.

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
I know im late here guys but i also bought an X port "header", from piston bikes though. I Hope it'll work well with the standard black expansion chamber i bought. The theme of my current build ("Blackie") is black & chrome, so im hoping it'll look nice next to a black motor too :)