New style banana pipe

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The grubee banana actually had a short header as well. Not sure if this is a grubee banana pipe that has been modified, or a copy, but its been around for awhile now.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Already tried that years ago, if you look at the bottom pipe in the bag you'll notice i did the very same thing.

Kills the performance and i did not like it. Tried it on three different motors at the track and never could get any performance out of it. Just my opinion and personal experience..

Attachments

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I bought one a year ago from DAX to put on build for sale and thought it did'nt do anything but look good . I've gotten better performance out of a good did stock pipe that had been modified .

IZZDAWG

Apr 30, 2015
Chandler, AZ
Accidentally bought this before reading post- first mistake. Gave away stock pipe before trying it out - second mistake....

Anyway, I used a bullpen hammer to taper off the exhaust outlet and get more back pressure out of it. Also port matched... Stock this pipe is only happy at full throttle and it still isn't in the zone.. After the mod, the pipe still sucks, but it helped quite a bit bringing the zone into a lower more reasonable rpm..

My banana didn't have the muffler..

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I bought one a year ago from DAX to put on build for sale and thought it did'nt do anything but look good . I've gotten better performance out of a good did stock pipe that had been modified .
Wow, I almost bought this from Dax as well but I decided to get the one from Sick Bike Parts instead even though it costs more. The SBP pipe did give me a performance upgrade in acceleration and torque along the entire power spectrum but particularly on the low end. I think this one doesn't have enough pipe before the chamber causing it to only be useful on the top end.