How does the noise of a banana pipe compare?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
To a standard stock muffler?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Motor-...005&rk=5&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=201319168826&rt=nc
Is it much louder?
Is the performance difference great?
Many clearance problems?

Worth the extra money, $10 or so, since I have to buy a muffler either way?:crash::eek:.kick2:oops:
Yes its a bit louder, some of the stock pipes are super quiet and some are lnot because Ive seen about 4 different i ternal baffling designs with the stock pipes, so the banana pipe could be just a little louder than what the stock pipes you have are, or it could be a good bit louder, it really depends on what its being compered to.

I have one of the small banana pipes I got from thatsdax, the outlet was tiny, about 9mm ID, I cut the little syinger off to help it flow a little better and it works real good on that bike now, yes it has more of a old school dirt bike sound and is a little louder but the engine pulls hills better and it gain a couple mph after I put that pipe on it and enlarged the outlet.

Clearance issues may happen on some setups, mine was hitting frame a little so I took a ballpeen hammer and did put a small dent so it wouldnt hit the frame but Im sure this isnt an issue on every bike.

Just looked at the link and that looks just like the one I got from dax, main thing is just port match the flange as good as possible to the gasket to remove that restriction of exhaus5 slamming into a flat surface when it leaves engine and youll like notice aperformance boost if you enlarge the exit a little by cutting it off.
Hope this helps a little NashKat

Last edited: