Will offer $40 for sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will offer $40 plus shipping to the person who makes me a customized sprocket adapter for my wheel. I give you the specs that you require and you give me the adapter.

I'm through with the rag joint. It's nothing but trouble- and this is coming from someone with six years experience. I want a bolt on solution.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, there's products out there already - I doubt you've tried them all.

For coaster brake hubs, there's the clamshell adapter, which is what you're wanting, but the retail ones are more expensive than 40 bucks and they're for larger diameter hubs.

Honestly, I'd say get a disc brake hub and mount to the disc rotor mount. Then you can use Andy's top hat adapter to use disc brakes and mount your sprocket to it.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Okay; I searched their website. I had gotten my hopes up only to be disappointed by the fact that my hub must be more than .9 inch diameter.

Afterward I called them up with no response. A few minutes later Karen called me back, which was a pleasant surprise. She said that even though Jim had made adapters down to about .6 inch diameter they didn't want to take chances that it would slip on my hub. Karen was knowledgeable and, best of all, she returned my call!

Although i couldn't buy an adapter I tried my luck with yesterday's sprocket install. To my surprise it works without issue despite wobbling slightly from side to side.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
The rag joints aren't as bad as people say IMHO. If you think a little, they can even be "nearly" as convenient as a real 3 hole hub adapter. Not quite, but better than the Chinese instructions show.