High compression info needed

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
It is obvious,that I have too much compression on a bgf 80cc.I can't pull start it at all and the pull start is installed correctly.I also put a thicker head gasket on it,which is twice as thick as a stock head gasket.I can get it started by pedal starting it,but I have to get going pretty fast.I'm just wondering if it will get easier to start as it goes along still in break? Yes in hasn't been 50 miles on it yet.Another thing is with too much compression will it cause any damage to the motor?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Actually as the rings seat (after proper break in) the compression should go up. If you're having problems now it will probably get worse.
You might get away with adding a second head gasket and/or cylinder to case gasket.
Like the man said, having good compression is a good thing.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
going from a projected tip spark plug to a non-projected one can help about as much as an extra gasket can

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
crassius I'm running a B6HS NGK plug already and a thicker head gasket then stock.I can't see and extra gasket it would really be too much then.I will do what you said to do is just let it break in.Thanks guys.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'd live with the extra comp myself, like everyone says, it's ALWAYS a good problem to have IMHO

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
crassius I'm running a B6HS NGK plug already and a thicker head gasket then stock.I can't see and extra gasket it would really be too much then.I will do what you said to do is just let it break in.Thanks guys.
A second head gasket would LOWER your compression.