Achievements

GoldenMotor.com

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
So my bike is pretty reliable now, it did it's first semi long distance ride I went from Corvallis Oregon to Albany Oregon for a total of about 25 miles total it was fun. When I finish the new wheel I think it will be almost bullet proof. I did learn though that my seat setup is not comfortable for long distance runs, it needs to be lower and moved further back. And the only way I know to do that is to get a lay back seat post but I have not owned one that I have not bent on the first ride ever and that is going back 17 years to when I was twelve and I bent my first one. It ran one whole tank almost dry I wonder what that is for mileage? I also hit the 35-40 mph mark sadly not with my 300 pound a__ on it though, my 170 pound brother in law raced another guy with a motor bicycle and he said that he was doing 35 when my bike pulled ahead sure did make me proud. I wish I had been able to get some info about the guys bike but my teenage brother in law would not even know where to start about getting info about a motor or bike setup I wonder if he has seen this great site I hope I come across the guy. peace out guys and gals have a great day

loldnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've seen numerous members complain about the tubular seat posts bending. Even a couple of lightweight guys had that problem.
My suggestion? Fabricate your own, or if you have the $s, go to a machine shop and have one made from 1" bar stock.
I used to make them but lost my access to a lathe when I retired.
Start with 1" solid steel bar, turn the end, about 6 or 7 inches down to 7/8" to fit the standard saddle, heat it and bend it to the desired angle.
I guarantee you'll never bend a solid seat post.
Tom

gearhead

Mar 6, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Fl
So my bike is pretty reliable now, it did it's first semi long distance ride I went from Corvallis Oregon to Albany Oregon for a total of about 25 miles total it was fun. When I finish the new wheel I think it will be almost bullet proof. I did learn though that my seat setup is not comfortable for long distance runs, it needs to be lower and moved further back. And the only way I know to do that is to get a lay back seat post but I have not owned one that I have not bent on the first ride ever and that is going back 17 years to when I was twelve and I bent my first one. It ran one whole tank almost dry I wonder what that is for mileage? I also hit the 35-40 mph mark sadly not with my 300 pound a__ on it though, my 170 pound brother in law raced another guy with a motor bicycle and he said that he was doing 35 when my bike pulled ahead sure did make me proud. I wish I had been able to get some info about the guys bike but my teenage brother in law would not even know where to start about getting info about a motor or bike setup I wonder if he has seen this great site I hope I come across the guy. peace out guys and gals have a great day

loldnut
Does anyone still make a banana seat? It may be the answer. 1 tank almost full is about a half a gallon, that would translate to about 50mpg! hope you don't have a fuel leak. Take care.

Gearheadusflg

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
No it is the small tank I get almost two fills out of a half gallon, and I did lose a little gas when my fuel line came off for a little bit, I replaced it with automotive fuel line and a hose clamp in Albany. I really don't know how much I lost but it could not have been to much the motor was still running right up to when I stopped and a couple second later I noticed a drip and pushed the hose back on the petcock on the carburetor.

gearhead

Mar 6, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Fl
Then your tank holds about 1/4 gal. that translates into about 100mpg. I found that using small zip ties works pretty good when an appropriate size hoseclamp is not available.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Lehigh Acres???
I remember when it was Lehigh Concrete Co. :)
Back then, where you live was just saw grass and gators.
I was born and raised in Miami. Left there in 79. The last time I was there, in the early 90s, I couldn't even find my old neighborhood. I think Andrew blew it away.
Tom

gearhead

Mar 6, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Fl
Yup Lehigh Corp.is gone, replaced w/ retirees, half develloped neighborhoods and the worlds worst drivers (only cause no one knows where they are going, where they came from, or why they are in a car to begin with). After 20 yrs of shoveling MN sno I'm glad to be back in Floriduhh, arthritic hands love the sun and the swamp rats, snakes and gators don't bother me. Oh yea, almost forgot, I can ride year round without having to switch from bike to boat to snomobile. Happy wheeling.

Gearhead.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Thanks for the links and the zip tie idea is awesome I even had some in my bag and I had read it on hear before as well man I feel kinda slow now, I don't know why I had not remembered that tip I think I will change to that now anyway I did not like how the hose clamp smashed the hose.