what is the future of racing?

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
death race has always been April and October, same since 2006. but someone decided to take my months away from me. When i tried to re-schedule at the last minute, I had a conflict with the track.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
death race has always been April and October, same since 2006. but someone decided to take my months away from me. When i tried to re-schedule at the last minute, I had a conflict with the track.
Someone is me so why don't you say it?

Dave, my job as a promoter is to put on the very best race for
ALL the racers in Southern California which is 1000 miles away from
your track in Tucson.
Very few people are gonna drive 1000 miles with gas sky high and it
takes a lot of time driving.
Going to a race in Tucson costs a fortune for SoCal guys.

April and October are the best weather race dates in Tucson and SoCal
and I am not going to put races in March where you get rained out or
June where its hot and the same goes for September where Baird had an
over 100* race date and after November 5th daylight savings it gets
dark at 5pm.
The tracks we use don't have lights like your track in Tucson and they
are in the same hot desert climate.

So there you go, that's why I put on races in April and October and those
dates will always be the 2 big races in Southern California.

I ain't gonna put on a crappy race and make everyone sweat or get rained
out because you somehow think you have the exclusive rights to April and
October and that extends in a 1000 mile territory?

I know that you are upset that I didn't call the race "The Death Race" like
you wanted me too but I think that SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing was a better
choice and naming it after myself would have been a little egotistical.

No one is stopping you from putting on a race in Tucson any month you want.
You already have the race dates for 2013 so not enough notice is.........we have been doing it since 2011

The Tucson track has night lights so you have much more flexibility than we have at
Grange where everything is on generators.

There is a very narrow window at Grange for good weather and it happens to
be April and October.

Also my advice would be to charge more than $15 entry fees then you would
not have to pay for the track yourself.
$15 is ridiculously cheap for a day at the track.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I know that you are upset that I didn't call the race "The Death Race" like
you wanted me too but I think that SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing was a better
choice and naming it after myself would have been a little egotistical.
Huh? Why would I want you to call your race Death Race? Death Race is Death Race and there is no other.

When you asked me when will i do my races, I said Death race has been in April and October. We both agreed having two races the same month would not work. And YOU told me you would never have your races in April and October and when i had Death race schedule for April of 2012...Guess when you had yours.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Also my advice would be to charge more than $15 entry fees then you would
not have to pay for the track yourself.
$15 is ridiculously cheap for a day at the track.
I dont do my races to make money or break even, i do it because i enjoyed it and want others to have fun

I have a race coming up in Nov. And its free, I am cover all cost and I have no problem with that.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Huh? Why would I want you to call your race Death Race? Death Race is Death Race and there is no other.

When you asked me when will i do my races, I said Death race has been in April and October. We both agreed having two races the same month would not work. And YOU told me you would never have your races in April and October and when i had Death race schedule for April of 2012...Guess when you had yours.
I never ever said that. You are making that up.

I will repeat again just for clarity that we never had that conversation.

The 2nd SoCal race was on October 22nd 2011 too.

As for the name here is the PM you sent me.

Dave31
Super Moderator

Re: Death races
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiMoPed
Hi Dave
Please call me at XXXXXXXX 9 to 9 PST

I would like to tap into your experience
with putting on the Death races.

Thanks
Neil
You have any sponsors lined up? Would you like to use the Death Race name? Maybe the SoCal Death Race?

David
Looks like your memory is off on the name and I NEVER agreed not to
have races in April and October.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You know why I have a problem with you Niel, its all the crap you talked about me, the staff and the owner of this site and this forum. Again, yeah i dont get paid to moderate but thats the staff decision not yours.

You forget, some people are not out to make money but enjoy what they are doing and are happy to do it for free.

For someone who thinks this forum sucks you sure do spend a lot of hours here day after day.

The things you said about Paul, I was going to knock your ass at until someone stopped me at Willow. You know nothing about him and for you to talk **** like that was uncalled for.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I never ever said that. You are making that up.

I will repeat again just for clarity that we never had that conversation.

The 2nd SoCal race was on October 22nd 2011 too.

As for the name here is the PM you sent me.

Looks like your memory is off on the name and I NEVER agreed not to
have races in April and October.
Yes you did, but I would not expect anything less from you.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I dont do my races to make money or break even, i do it because i enjoyed it and want others to have fun

I have a race coming up in Nov. And its free, I am cover all cost and I have no problem with that.
That's great! There should be a lot of people coming to a free race.

Sincerely, that is very generous of you but I can't afford to pay a
couple of thousand dollars out of my pocket and the participants
really don't mind paying for it.

$35 to $40 is really affordable racing at a track with all the extras
and we are only breaking even too.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Rules what rules? what I saw Saturday at the Grange
1. more than 1 person racing in shorts and 1 was awarded a trophy.
2. someone racing a MB that had internal shifting gears from a honda clone 50cc engine and placed 2nd.
3. someone racing a moped without pedals let alone not functional, and awarded a trophy
4. a girl on the back of a moped on the track without elbow pads, no knee pads, in a mini skirt and nylons
5. rules are ridiculous, hold no water, mean nothing, are a waste of time, a poor excuse of the English language if they are not enforced.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
and the gloves finally come off...

i wish i had saved the voicemail neil left me when i first announced setting up some races. something about how nobody on the forum likes me, how i'm gonna fail, and how i was banned from your races...

how about when you told people that you were havng your willow race 2 weeks before mine just to **** me over?

i went to your last race because dennis talked me into it. i had a good time, too. but honestly, one of my favorite bartenders was having a birthday bbq, and from the stories i heard, i wish i woulda gone there instead.

this is the "future" i was predicting, and hoping it wasn't gonna happen. i'm not going to any of neil's races ever again. everyone, and i mean everyone has told me about all the **** he's done to ruin my races. and people think we should team up? f that.

dave, lemme know when your race is. i'd gladly drive all the way to tucson instead of victorville.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
and the gloves finally come off...

i wish i had saved the voicemail neil left me when i first announced setting up some races. something about how nobody on the forum likes me, how i'm gonna fail, and how i was banned from your races...

how about when you told people that you were havng your willow race 2 weeks before mine just to **** me over?

i went to your last race because dennis talked me into it. i had a good time, too. but honestly, one of my favorite bartenders was having a birthday bbq, and from the stories i heard, i wish i woulda gone there instead.

this is the "future" i was predicting, and hoping it wasn't gonna happen. i'm not going to any of neil's races ever again. everyone, and i mean everyone has told me about all the **** he's done to ruin my races. and people think we should team up? f that.

dave, lemme know when your race is. i'd gladly drive all the way to tucson instead of victorville.
What are you driving......maybe I could hitch a ride? :D I'll pitch in for gas ;)

dnut

Don't ask me why, but this thread is begining to remind me of 2 or 3 sisters fighting over what clothes they're going to wear to the party laff Sorry, it just does ;) Let's grow up and get along you ego inflated promoters......

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Rules what rules? what I saw Saturday at the Grange
1. more than 1 person racing in shorts and 1 was awarded a trophy.
2. someone racing a MB that had internal shifting gears from a honda clone 50cc engine and placed 2nd.
3. someone racing a moped without pedals let alone not functional, and awarded a trophy
4. a girl on the back of a moped on the track without elbow pads, no knee pads, in a mini skirt and nylons
5. rules are ridiculous, hold no water, mean nothing, are a waste of time, a poor excuse of the English language if they are not enforced.
Yep, some of the moped guys are a little frisky! :)

I made one of them put on Chris's leather jacket and told all of them
that if they want to keep coming to the races they gotta wear ALL the
safety gear!

There were gas bikes guys with no gloves too and I told them too! ;)

Every time new people come at the last minute there are problems with
wearing safety gear and Dale from shuttle buddy said he won't be wearing
shorts next race but he had a really good Full face helmet on so he wants
to take the risk of getting banged up we can let it slide for one race but
the helmet rules will be strictly enforced.

It is a Fun event foremost and the girl on the moped rode all the way from
Apple Valley and down that dirt road so sneaking on the track at lunch for
a leisurely cruise around the track ain't too big of a deal.
She wasn't racing, Steve, You need to lighten up bit. :)
She had a FULL FACE helmet on........

The same guy Dale the owner of Shuttle Buddy gets what we are doing and
he kept the 4 speed 50 cc Motoped in 3rd gear for the majority of the race.

Did you know that?

I rode it and it wasn't that fast, it was barely carburating properly and he didn't
get a trophy so why are you making such a big deal about it? It is a fun race and
those Shuttle Buddy guys made it fun. He didn't get a trophy.

That was Chris from Tomahawk tuning and you are right that I blew that part because I
had another trophy that should have gone to Brian aka nashmoto as the first gas bike winner.

Hey Steve, it is hard for me to get the trophy stuff down on the spur of the moment and
you or anyone else is very welcome to help out. :)
Just getting everyone rounded up is very distracting. LOL

As the first place 11 hp gas bike winner I gave nashmoto the very coolest prize of the custom
billet flip up gas tank cap from Richard of Joker Machine so nashmoto was pretty happy.

It was the best prize there even though Sick Bike Parts gave out some nice stuff too.

nashmoto will get that trophy next time I see him if he doesn't want me to ship it to him! :D

Steve, it's first and foremost a fun race so the rules will be bent to that end.

Helmets are one rule that will be strictly enforced and we are thinking about making
Full Face helmets the standard for future races.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Neil, thanks for taking the time to address these issues.
personally i would rather take the pedals and cranks off my h2o morini.They are only there to satisfy the 'rules' maybe they should be optional?
about the girl on the moped, I was thinking the same about her, "at least she had a full face helmet on"

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Neil, thanks for taking the time to address these issues.
personally i would rather take the pedals and cranks off my h2o morini.They are only there to satisfy the 'rules' maybe they should be optional?
about the girl on the moped, I was thinking the same about her, "at least she had a full face helmet on"
I kinda like the "leathers".....I mean "nylons" she was wearing.......not too shabby rotfl We need more participation of this kind.....don't we?

laff

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Again what's the meaning of heat races? Next time ill just practice so I can get my bike tuned up and just race the main so I can save the engine.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Is it fair that the other racers don't to the practice lap and go on the track at the last minute and get a good starting position on the starting line? I saw it at Saturday.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Again what's the meaning of heat races? Next time ill just practice so I can get my bike tuned up and just race the main so I can save the engine.

I think I understand this complaint. What if a race day consisted of two mains instead of heats and a main? That way there are double the races in a season, and all the races mean something.

Start the first race of the year by registration order. After that, start by points standing. That is assuming a race series format.