experienced Motor Assisted Bicycle rider/builder...new to ebikes

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
so buddy of mine hooked me up with a apc lightning cruizer....hub motor bike...apparently brushed hub (havent broken it down yet).... im wondering if anyone knows what the hub is rated at?...no info around worth a crap lol...i saw somewhere it was possibly a golden?.... im very very versed in the gas side of this hobby....and an avid rc guy (factory sponsored remote control crawler guy) so im not afraid of building packs etc for battery power.....my concern is draw...anyone use lipo on this hub or life batts?....trying to figure out my amp load etc so i get the correct capacity and load bearing cells...the battery pack says nothing...just quality control tags on the cells

known info on battery...... 24v nimh pack...its taking a charge(slowly but stoked about it regardless...been on the charger for 4-5hrs so far...registered at 15 volts roughly leaving it on the charger longer

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
no markings at all just a serial number and a qa number....even hunting in the internet has come up with a whole lotta nuthin...a few old posts on endless....about it....thatnx for the link ill go look and see isf i can find the hub

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
looks like an x-4 ...the stock pack is kinda taking a charge but dropped 2 volts from the 15v it had last night till today at about 6pm... not sure if the cells are toast or not but they are weak...ill be hunting down more cells i guess... im not bashful about building packs...

Anyone have a source for cells?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
You are going to need a whole new battery.

15 volts out of 24 and dropping after hours of charging?

The battery is toast.

Stoney

Jan 23, 2009
santa barbara
Post this on endless-sphere.com also. They can sort it out rather quickly and if you are comfortable with lipo you are in for a big treat of peers that you can turn around and share with us. It's fun to have this site going electric as well. I feel the every day language and practical knowledge and ingenuity from Mbr's is invaluable.