New Zealand

GoldenMotor.com

Mukura

Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Hey

I'm a long time reader, finally a poster, finishing my second build at the moment, learning lots, riding more.

I'm based in Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand. Google it if you don't know. I've got a youtube channel, myspace, facebook, picassa, etc if you're interested in checking out other stuff... My web presence is a bit outdated since motorized bicycle riding, but I should be getting back on top of it all again this coming year... Um... Check my profile for a couple of pics if you like...

Always keen to catch up with other Kiwis and/or locals to go for a ride, help out with parts, whatever.

Oh.. I've gotten my kits from Mikes Chainsaws in New Plymouth, they offer a warranty and are pretty sweet to deal with, I'm not affiliated or endorsing them as such. I'd be keen to hear about how other guys are getting on with Dragon Velocipede and Motrax Kits...

What else... Dunno... Any questions - fire away

brnot

Last edited:

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
Kiora Eh mate I spent a couple of years in nukefreeland best place on the planet. I traveled all over but stayed up in the far north. Are there many riders in NZ. Seems like a wonderful country for riding. I've got some friends in Nelson and Christchurch as well as up in the far far north and ponsonby aukland. Wish I were there sideshowbob .wee.

Mukura

Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
@Goatherder - Thanks

@Sideshowbob - Chur, tu meke bro... Ki ora, ki ora, cuz. Tena pai... Yep, she's lovely here indeed. I grew up within a stones throw of the actual factual Aotearoa, which is on the southside of the Waikato Basin, and a settlement rather than the name of the country which brochures would have us believe. It is an awesome place for sure, Thanks for making the effort to come see us.

There seems to be a few riders here and there, from what I understand, down south there are several runs and rallys, but with the northward drift comes population and industry, so it's harder to look and see in the concrete jungles - partly why I posted this thread to make some more links with folk.

The sky is rubbish today so will probably be a day in the shed tinkering (Holidays..). Have a look at my profile now and then to check for updates if you like, is prolly the easiest way of tracking the story, I'll try and get some pics up now and then.

Cheers mate.(^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
jesus darn bob gurkin... my name is charles gurkin...Im from NC in the usa... Family originally from Ireland in the 1700s.. I almost never see that name....

Bob Gurkin

Jan 1, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Well Charles your family line definately follows mine. We always thought we came from the Welsh part of England, but Ireland works also. I searched for a long time and the only reference I found to our name was a "Gurkin's Fin and Fowl" A combination Inn and restaurant from the late 1600s. Nothing other than that. So far we found 13 spellings of the name with the original being Gherkins which led some of us to think possibly western Europe and believe it or not I ran into a family of Gurkins in Toronto who came from Russia. Some early Gurkin was a busy fellow :)