What Friends are for

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan, "this Is Another Fine Mess You Have Gotten Us Into" (laural & Hardy). Lol If You Get Sent To Ilikeabike, I`ll Be Looking In The Sky Again, To See Dan Flying By! Ha Ha This just proves; You never know what tomorrow will bring! Ron ps, Pack a chute.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Ron. It's Fairracing's fault.
Was just below enjoying a coffee and thunking about this. Really kinda kool. Any Web gurus want to do a world map? A sort of "where's Happy now" thing. Maybe with an expanding bubble with which MBer has him and a brief about what they are doing. Dunno, might be able to do some thing with Google Earth or maps.

Have the new "happy" and am waiting for Carol to get home to see about a box that can be opened and closed many times and is suitable for some one of Happy's soon to be world renowned stature. (air holes?)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
It's Fairracing's fault.
Now wait a minute........ all I said is it would be cool, I did not say you had to do it. laff

It does sound like lots of fun and that map thing would be cool to keep an eye on it, who knows, it could be the next big thing on the Internet.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan May Be Drooling ( Lots Of "frequent Flyer Miles" Ha Ha ) Like I Have All Ways Said; "what Are Friends For, If You Can`t Use Them". Lol Ron

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Leno would love this. I might email him, tell him about our plans and see if he's interested in spotlighting us and our hobby. He's a gear head and rides/owns cycles. He might love it. Char and I are planning a trip down to Colorado Springs when 'Happy' gets here. We'll do Pike's Peak and the Air Force Academy; Two Colorado landmarks just 50 miles south of us.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Now wait a minute........ all I said is it would be cool, I did not say you had to do it. laff

It does sound like lots of fun and that map thing would be cool to keep an eye on it, who knows, it could be the next big thing on the Internet.
LOL! has to be some one else's thought once that is way out there! Com-on, just once. Please? snork

Leno would love this. I might email him, tell him about our plans and see if he's interested in spotlighting us and our hobby. He's a gear head and rides/owns cycles. He might love it. Char and I are planning a trip down to Colorado Springs when 'Happy' gets here. We'll do Pike's Peak and the Air Force Academy; Two Colorado landmarks just 50 miles south of us.
Tom
I was thinking just that Tom. Was gonna email CNN or a few of them folks. (side note, in box, I will find some thing to send to Char from Ukraine. Been yrs but am sure I have some thing. Have to look)

OK to start a new thread on this? So it is clear? Your call Tom

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Tom
Maybe you could see how close you can get him to Cheyenne mountain while you are there! Of course I guess they are kind of touchy about people taking pictures around there!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Not much here I guise but its a heck of a view from the top of the Sandia's I don't think the little one lunger China wants to climb that hill though!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
i'll take him around ireland once i get my bike going.
Very cool Sam! Think you are the first Volunteer host in Europe. On the thread posted below, are some great pics and stories of Happy's travels so far. (turns out he is a bit of a partier and lush. (I blame global warming) He did get to hang out with Elvis though.

http://motorbicycling.com/f16/happy-travels-8165.html

Thanks and again, great to meet ya!

.wee.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I am better off for knowing Tom. Tought me how 2be a better guy. Now if I can only teach him how not to use a tensioner, lol. Love ya buddy!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I am better off for knowing Tom. Tought me how 2be a better guy. Now if I can only teach him how not to use a tensioner, lol. Love ya buddy!
LOL,
You just started my week off with a smile, Dan. I was dreading going to work tomorrow. Lots of disrupiton going on there and lots of stress but I'm okay now. Thanks to you.
Sleep well my friend. Char is calling from the second floor so I gotta go. Keep in touch.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Bump.

really cool thread! I was looking for a thing for some thing else and stumbled on this forgotten bit of good stuff.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bump.

really cool thread! I was looking for a thing for some thing else and stumbled on this forgotten bit of good stuff.
What great memories, Dave started the pass-around concept and it worked good, for a while.

My 'Happy', Happy's meek and mild twin is still happily sitting on the bars of my old Norton bike and has seen many, many miles. In fact, he's probably ridden more miles that his evil and drunken brother...but he hasn't been out of Denver.
Imagine those two getting together and telling stories. :)

Tom

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow, I'd forgotten how cool that vid was. Academy Award material.

Best short subjet catagory. Thanks for reminding us about it, Dan.

Tom