New Starfire motor

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've looked at that throttle & clutch setup, doesn't suit me. Getting hub laced will be beyond most folks abilities. 2 sprockets should be 1 large & 1 small rather than 1 huge & 1 large. If the engine is 58cc, where to get parts.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've run a few 58cc's StarFires. It is just my opinion but the StarFire motors have done me very well and that's all I run on my bikes.

I thought grubee stopped building the Starfires years ago?

**Noticed in the photo thats a chrome motor. I've never seen a chrome motor that did not over heat and seized up. When i worked for a local MB shop we trashed all the chrome motors. Not one that we sold ever made it they all seized up.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dave it has a black power coated cylinder, if the head was replaced with a black or regular unpainted one it might not run as hot. Maybe a puch head with the taller fins would help also.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Just thinking about many 2 & 3 year old motors showing up on ebay lately - if this is old, it may still be running the 'bone shaker' crank. Not they didn't run OK when that was all there was, but folks have come to expect the machined cranks these days.

May 28, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
it says this is a new version of the star fire, the phantom series. And it seems they will also be getting the GT2B's back in so they must be one of the new dealers for Grubee since gas bike is no longer holding the COC, I read that Grubee was looking for new dealers in 2014-2015