Started putting my newest build together today....

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
i thought about that myself, can find an old electric stove cheap sometimes, as long as you have 220 voltage for it where you need to put it that would do fine.
Yep he has had it for a few years and does a lot of silver incited of chrome plating and looks good..........Curt

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Pretty much anything that can get up to 400 degrees will work, and they even make infrared heating lamps for those really large pieces that wont fit in an oven. It was my intention originally to keep my old oven and use it for curing back when we bought a new one for the house but I decided not to use it since it was gas and I also didn't want to give up the garage space for it at the time.

My friend's oven setup is just an old refrigerator he gutted out and lined with rock wool, then he bought a heating element kit for a ceramic kiln off ebay for like $20 and installed an automatic timer on it. His will heat up to 400 degrees in like 5 minutes and it's big enough to fit a full size Harley frame inside, I think he has maybe about $200 invested in that one and he built another one the same way but it's set up to heat up to 1200+ for ceramic coating exhaust pipes and headers etc. I'd like to build both types for my shop since there is a good profit involved in doing this and I can offer the services online or locally to help keep the money coming in during the slow season.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Pretty much anything that can get up to 400 degrees will work, and they even make infrared heating lamps for those really large pieces that wont fit in an oven. It was my intention originally to keep my old oven and use it for curing back when we bought a new one for the house but I decided not to use it since it was gas and I also didn't want to give up the garage space for it at the time.

My friend's oven setup is just an old refrigerator he gutted out and lined with rock wool, then he bought a heating element kit for a ceramic kiln off ebay for like $20 and installed an automatic timer on it. His will heat up to 400 degrees in like 5 minutes and it's big enough to fit a full size Harley frame inside, I think he has maybe about $200 invested in that one and he built another one the same way but it's set up to heat up to 1200+ for ceramic coating exhaust pipes and headers etc. I'd like to build both types for my shop since there is a good profit involved in doing this and I can offer the services online or locally to help keep the money coming in during the slow season.
Sounds like you got a new project brewing.......!

You aint careful you're gonna be up to your eyeballs in infinished mess like I am....lol