Interesting restoration keeping it original.

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
The more I hear about Blackburne engines the more interested I get. They keep turning up in everything. Meadows too.
This bike is a beauty, and it wears its patina rather well I think. Some motorvehicles are such admirable survivors that to restore them to like-new condition would be almost a travesty. Their patina is like a badge of honor which they wear as proof of the ages they have traveled through to get to where they are now. And if they are still safe and functional today, why wipe away the tarnish of the past and deprive such a fine looking vehicle of its history - as written in the fading of its paint and darkening of its brasswork and other signs of age which tell of its long life. If it wears its age well, it's earned the right to keep its look, I think.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I knew Dave Knowles, who owned a genuine ex works Coton Blackburne. His opinion of J.A.P. engines was very low, as they tended to be built down to a price, rather than Blackburnes, which were made to a specification. 50+ years on the same bike, and still blowing kiddies off in his 70s, he may have had a point.