BonusParts' Genesis Astra 29er Build

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
xct2 View attachment 76818 heres the bike I built a few months ago I had to cut and weld the exhaust so it wouldn't hit the tire I also put 700c x45c tires and puncture resistant tubes it goes 43 M.P.H. with only about 60 miles on it but I only ran it that fast for a few minutes then only run it half throttle
excellent..... ride that rascal safely....

hope you get your adapter and sprocket quick.

dnut

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
well got the astra running and its going to be faster than my last build the person that buys it is going to have a blast!!!!! I rode it to work the bugs out you all know them idle, chain, retighten ALL the nuts and bolts ride again re check the nuts and bolts LOL but this is a very good build started within two houses first time second time it wasn't no more than 3 feet and off it went nice build

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Nice! I'm really looking forward to getting my bikes to a more stable climate so I can
a. get a welder
b. finally tune them correctly

it'll be nice to have all the open space too!

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
I live in Michigan so the climate is NEVER the same from hour to hour LOL got to love Michigan you can go into a store wearing shorts and come out and need a winter jacket LOL

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Okay, UPDATE:

I've moved to Colorado and lost .5 MPH top speed. I think most of that is tuning as it lightly 4 strokes at top register. Debating how to address it as my jet range is too broad for the slight adjustment I need.

That said, we still pull 46mph and change all day any day. Makes me happy.

Also - Dunno if i made any mention of it, but i havent so much as LOOKED at my rear sprocket (JakeBike Disc Biscuit!) and its gone nowhere, chainline is straight as an arrow and its super smooth with the spring tensioner setup!

Presently shopping for a clean KX80 pipe to cut up and fit to this piggy too!

Hoping that with the bigger chamber I may not need to fiddle with my main jet and the slight overfueling will be corrected.

Things on my list of things to be doing and such:

strip the bike down to bare engine essentials and get a flat out top speed with no added weight. Figure id drop about 50 lbs between extra fuel, the big tank, battery, and my wiring.

as i stated early on.... IM HITTING 50 damnit. xct2

Anyhow, when I get back to my computer I'll pop some pics up!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Okay, UPDATE:

I've moved to Colorado and lost .5 MPH top speed. I think most of that is tuning as it lightly 4 strokes at top register. Debating how to address it as my jet range is too broad for the slight adjustment I need.

That said, we still pull 46mph and change all day any day. Makes me happy.

Also - Dunno if i made any mention of it, but i havent so much as LOOKED at my rear sprocket (JakeBike Disc Biscuit!) and its gone nowhere, chainline is straight as an arrow and its super smooth with the spring tensioner setup!

Presently shopping for a clean KX80 pipe to cut up and fit to this piggy too!

Hoping that with the bigger chamber I may not need to fiddle with my main jet and the slight overfueling will be corrected.

Things on my list of things to be doing and such:

strip the bike down to bare engine essentials and get a flat out top speed with no added weight. Figure id drop about 50 lbs between extra fuel, the big tank, battery, and my wiring.

as i stated early on.... IM HITTING 50 damnit. xct2

Anyhow, when I get back to my computer I'll pop some pics up!
sounds like a plan....

I know what you mean, 50mph was my goal also, I got it done with a little to spare at 52mph 8 hurt my engine doing it because it got to hot a cracked a piston skirt and took twnsion from rings, but other than that it was OK.