HAHA I know I am crazy...12ga holster?

GoldenMotor.com

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I am already thinking about a 12ga holster/holder for my motor bike. I probably wont because I don't want the attention BUT if I decided to putt along to the range I gotta have a way to haul it right? LOL ;)

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Dual holsters, my man.

Gotta even it out. ;)

Just make sure you check your state firearms laws to make sure you're in compliance.
LOL most certaintly! However, having dual pump 12ga is pointless when it comes down to the nitty gritty. If I had semi-autos I could see that, well unless of course I keep one loaded as back up. Anyway, yes, I'll have to check the laws. I'll report back once I find out LOL.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I've thought about this before ( I think of lots of crazy bicycle sceneros) if I ever felt the need to carry a shotgun... say to off some zombies or something I would probably fashion something like a bat carrier.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
I've thought about this before ( I think of lots of crazy bicycle sceneros) if I ever felt the need to carry a shotgun... say to off some zombies or something I would probably fashion something like a bat carrier.

!!! I can live with that! Perhaps some nails sticking out? Sure would make easy work of those hard to kill zombies LOL I would have to make the holders a bit bigger but I think I could get it to fit. I am looking at the laws here now to see if I can do this...BTW here's a pic of my "redneck gun rack" LOL.

redbneck-gun-rack.jpg

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
LOL most certaintly! However, having dual pump 12ga is pointless when it comes down to the nitty gritty. If I had semi-autos I could see that, well unless of course I keep one loaded as back up. Anyway, yes, I'll have to check the laws. I'll report back once I find out LOL.
Time for an upgrade, maybe? :D

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Well, don't just check with the police. Actually find the wording in your state laws that says you can do it, and print it out and keep it with you if you carry the shotgun while on your bike.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Would be my luck to have a crash, get a severe case of roadrash, then the gun I was carrying would discharge and shoot me.

The cops come up to the scene. First one looks at the second one --- "I ain't writing the report on this. Your turn this time."

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Would be my luck to have a crash, get a severe case of roadrash, then the gun I was carrying would discharge and shoot me.

The cops come up to the scene. First one looks at the second one --- "I ain't writing the report on this. Your turn this time."
Would that fall into the 'drive-by' shooting...or the 'shot by riding' catagory? :)

Tom

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
What you want is called a "scabbard", "holster" usually implies a pistol being worn on a belt. You'll find a crazy number of options on the web, hard and soft shells. Or go leather of you're going for the cowboy look LOL If it was me I'd prefer a hard case, my shotguns are worth more than my bike...

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
What you want is called a "scabbard", "holster" usually implies a pistol being worn on a belt. You'll find a crazy number of options on the web, hard and soft shells. Or go leather of you're going for the cowboy look LOL If it was me I'd prefer a hard case, my shotguns are worth more than my bike...
Thanks. I wasn't sure what they were called. Helps to know.

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
1kbike,
since I'm moving to Mo. in the near future, your question about carrying a shotgun on your bike interested me. Yes, you can carry one, under "Open Carry"
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Missouri-Gun-Laws.htm

As to whether your shotgun can be loaded , well, that brings up the question:
"what is the technical term for an unloaded shotgun?"
answer: a club!
If you can't carry it loaded, you might as well opt out for the baseball bat.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
In my opinion, carrying a gun on a bicycle is just asking to get arrested for something.
Nothing good will come of it.
Besides, it's not like you can sneak up on a deer or bird on a motorbike anyway.
Why carry?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
1kbike,
since I'm moving to Mo. in the near future, your question about carrying a shotgun on your bike interested me. Yes, you can carry one, under "Open Carry"
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Missouri-Gun-Laws.htm

As to whether your shotgun can be loaded , well, that brings up the question:
"what is the technical term for an unloaded shotgun?"
answer: a club!
If you can't carry it loaded, you might as well opt out for the baseball bat.
Here in Texas, it's legal to carry a loaded long gun, but illegal to carry a club. So if your gun is unloaded, it could be classified as a club. WTF right? lol
In my opinion, carrying a gun on a bicycle is just asking to get arrested for something.
Nothing good will come of it.
Besides, it's not like you can sneak up on a deer or bird on a motorbike anyway.
Why carry?
Because he already stated that he wants to use it for when he goes to the range....

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Still seems like asking for trouble to me. Just my 2c worth.
Besides the risk of damage to you or the gun in a crash, what kind of impression will it give Joe Q. Public seeing motorized bikes running around carrying guns? The government already hates motorbikes...why give them more ammo?
I'm all for thumbing my nose at conformity, but a shotgun on a motorbike is a bit much for me.
Of course, this is just one opinion and means nothing to anyone but me, so carry on.

1kbike

Aug 24, 2013
Missouri
Still seems like asking for trouble to me. Just my 2c worth.
Besides the risk of damage to you or the gun in a crash, what kind of impression will it give Joe Q. Public seeing motorized bikes running around carrying guns? The government already hates motorbikes...why give them more ammo?
I'm all for thumbing my nose at conformity, but a shotgun on a motorbike is a bit much for me.
Of course, this is just one opinion and means nothing to anyone but me, so carry on.
I open carry all the time. I've never had an issues and even have stood inline at the counter of the corner mart with cops inline. I go to the range with my friends all the time so the best way for me to go by myself is to either walk or bike.