Veteran's Day

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well, 5-7, looks like we're the only ones who recognize what the verterans have given to this country. Too bad. It makes me sad. :( 30K members and no one can take a moment to say, thank you. Makes you wonder why your served, doesn't it?
Tom

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Well, 5-7, looks like we're the only ones who recognize what the verterans have given to this country. Too bad. It makes me sad. :( 30K members and no one can take a moment to say, thank you. Makes you wonder why your served, doesn't it?
Tom
I served for them. So did you.

Last year, my dad's cousin received the Medal of Honor, for actions above and beyond the call in Korea. President Obama awarded it posthumously, to his family.

He served for them too..flg.

Who are they?

They are the silent majority.:(

Last edited:

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
Veterans day is one of the most important holidays in our country and always will be...a day to honor all veterans and those serving now, and to give, them the thanks , appreciation and whatever else we can that they well deserve and have already paid and worked for. Especially those men and women of my generation who served in Vietnam. I served from 1967 to 1975..USARMY and USAR...I did not give much. Some gave a lot..Some gave all...I knew many who are gone now. It is privilege and an honor to have known them. They all have a very important place now in our American History.

Last edited:

Stinky Finger

Jul 26, 2010
Leicester, New York
Thank you veterans!

I served four years active in peacetime, USMC '86-'90.
Most of the guys I served with who were E-6 and above were Vietnam veterans.
If you had any brains those were the guys you payed attention to, they knew what they were talking about.

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Thanks to my kids baby sitter (Iraq), my father in law (vietnamx2) and everyone who served.

And since it was also Remembrance day in England, thanks to my father and uncles for their service.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I did not forget but was out of town on a hunting trip, it was kinda ironic that when my son in law paid for his meal at a small diner the amount was $11.11 on 11-11-2011! Thanks to all that serve or have, Greg

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I served in southeast asia a long time ago. I am appreciative of the guy and gals who are in the middle east now and the ones everywhere for their sacrifices. I am amazed that anyone can say nasty things about our military but they still do, I thought that the Vietnam experience shamed those who spoke ill of the servicemen and women, but I guess not. I still see it on the web now and then and it makes me ill,

As Tiny Tim said, God bless us each and everyone.