Parts

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Going to order some parts and I know "Spooky Tooth" went under at one point but now see them advertised agoin. If I order from them, can I be assured delievery ? Just want to make sure here money means a lot. lol Thanks and hope to hear soon. gphil.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
All you need to do is put 'spooky tooth' in the search box. You will see what people say. And they are owned by bikeberry.:confused:

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Not sure if it makes a difference but they do both have the same adress for contact info on their web sites:

Contact Us
At BikeBerry.com, we strive to provide all of our valued customers with top-notch customer service. Please complete the form below and you will receive a response within 24 hours or less.

Corporate Headquarters:

Niche Webstores, Inc.
583 Explorer Street
Brea, CA 92821 This is from Spookey Tooth

Contact Us!
Please use the form below to send us a message, and include a phone number if you would like a call back.
583 Explorer Street
Brea, CA 92821
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: (888) 621-0455
Fax: (714) 255-1146
Local: (714) 242-4542

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Bikeberry bought Spookytooth from Roland Bosma quite awhile ago ;)
I have never dealt with Bikeberry, or any of their affiliates, so I can't help with any other questions :(

Last edited:

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Ok, seems I should forget useing these people. Don't care who owns them, was talking about the one that advertises on this site. Just needed some parts for my bike. gphil

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I live here in AZ as well and though I try to buy as local as possible and SpookyTooth was an option from me back before they went under never did business with them and never with BikeBerry, just their overly exaggerated claims of performance, mileage, and even actual motor specs (80cc for a 66, Pfft) never did business with them either.

The real question is, what are the 'Some Parts' you are looking for, and for what engine?

'Just the facts Mam' as Sgt Friday used to say on Dragnet ;-}
Ya, I'm that old and used to watch it, his sidekick (Harry Morgan) went on to be Colonel Potter on MASH.

Last edited:

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Well Sgt Friday, lol looking for a replacement carburator . My NT seems to be unfixable.Could be me but want to ride while working on it. I saw the ones they advertised and thought it looked good but not now. DAX probably. Going to start a new build and going to need lots of parts, J-shafts all of it , even a frame maybe. Just getting my ducks in a row so to speak. gphil

goofyfoot2001

Aug 16, 2012
South Carolina
Got my DAX RT from thatsdax.com and though it's a crappy looking site, I got my stuff toot sweet and have since ordered my parts from him. The Carb was only $29 by the way. You may need to find an offset intake though so measure. I think he has a pic with a ruler by the thing.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well Sgt Friday, lol looking for a replacement carburator . My NT seems to be unfixable.Could be me but want to ride while working on it. I saw the ones they advertised and thought it looked good but not now. DAX probably. Going to start a new build and going to need lots of parts, J-shafts all of it , even a frame maybe. Just getting my ducks in a row so to speak. gphil
BoyGoFast has NT's pretty cheap (~$20), that is the only business I've done with him.
Are you SURE it is the carb because those simple NT carbs have very little problems.
They are gutless but reliable.

Checks:
You checked for spark right?
With the gas line disconnected at the carb do you have gas flow?
If so then just pull off the float and needle and and look for debris in the fuel in jet as that is about the only thing I know that can make them fail other than a loose choke plate screw that stays closed.

So you are looking at Jackshafting ehh? I know a thing or two about that, it is not for the faint of heart and actually a real challenge but done well a motor with gears changes everything and I won't own a direct drive personal ride anymore, not even my newest Electric Caddy has is shifter, to a NuVinci at that ;-}

That was a heck of lot easier than a Jackshaft too as the motor out is right above the front sprockets.

JS Tip:
Do NOT put a 1/2 link in and shim out to get the left chain on.
Grind the back of the motor case down (even Skyhawks are not true flat there) until you can just squeeze the chain on, it will loosen up in 1/4 mile and be dandy, then all you have to worry about is moving the motor mounts up to take out the slack the right side will get.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I am pretty sure I have a couple of NT carbs for sale, see my "Odds and ends" ad in the swap and shop....maybe I didn't list them? I have a couple though, plus a lot of other stuff.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
KC, that bike pictured, is electric isn't it? A very good neat installation,,, great, I love it. I like electrics but the batteries are so expensive. Anyway let me know which it is. No tank for fuel unless you used exsisting upper tube. Oh well just wanted to comment on the beautiful bilke. gphil